10.

::

The Crown Prince was sitting quietly at the ledge of the mini-garden between their rooms. Lunch had been boisterous, perhaps a little more than he'd expected and now, Seungcheol only desired a few moments of quiet.

"Here

"Here." Ari offered a refreshing cup of ice americano, holding one for her herself. The koi pond in the middle was beautiful amidst the soft green and Ari sat down, deciding to join him.

Seungcheol glanced at her. "Thanks." He spoke taking the cup from her. Ari didn't seem as twisted as he'd expected the new Crown Candidate to be. She was smart and much about her reminded him of his earlier years. Passionate just like he used to be, Ari was bright with ideas for the future. Sitting beside her in the stifling silence, Seungcheol concluded he didn't dislike her.

"You should know, I wasn't the one who wrote that anonymous love letter on her Naver page." The Crown Prince spoke lightly looking straight ahead. He came clean.

The wind ruffled Ari's hair as she cracked up at the adorable sight of him. He must've held some shame, Ari thought sipping on her drink. Joining him at staring at the pond in front of him, she stopped herself from teasing him again. 

Seungcheol looked at her, awaiting her reaction. Did she not believe him? "I'm telling you the truth." He insisted as Ari listlessly nodded, "Jeonghan did it to placate me as the culprit."

"Jeonghan?" Ari couldn't believe her ears.

"Yes," Seungcheol nodded, "These two punks (Jeonghan and Joshua) always come together to bully me." He scoffed, taking a large gulp of his drink. His lips remained on the rim of the glass, "Don't ever trust them when they're together. They're absolute devils, I tell you. Both of them."

Ari couldn't grasp how much they'd bullied the Crown Prince for him to protest so strongly against them. Chewing on her straw fervently, words mumbled out from between her teeth, "Alright," Her black beaded eyes fell on him convincingly, "I believe you." She grinned whilst biting on the plastic straw, promising away her trust as fast as the wind.

Seungcheol nodded, slightly abashed to have received his contender's trust. He reached out his hand to pull the straw away from her lips. Startled, Ari flinched for a split second before letting go of it. "It's bad for you." He mentioned briefly, irked by her childish antics.

She squirmed at the change and straightened her hunched back at that. Regardless, Ari didn't seem like someone who'd hurt him. Her actions and methods were humane, and her attitude was sometimes salty but honest. She was an oddball but Seungcheol liked loyalty, even if it wasn't towards himself. Seungcheol's opinion of her improved every time he saw her. Something drew him to this estranged Princess and the lack of an answer left him unsatisfied.

Suddenly remembering, "Why did you choose to become the Crown Candidate?" He asked, breaking the silence that rested between the two. "I heard father made you an offer you were reluctant to accept at first."