12.

::

There was this sensation again, the feel of her cheeks burning. Everywhere he had touched, from the feel of his lips on the back of her hand to the tips of her fingers, everything was on fire. "You're drunk, Crown Prince. And crazy." The sane part of her hissed, her toes squirming in her shoes. It was the only explanation.

Seungcheol broke into a happy smile. She'd seen it before. The innocent look that would break hearts as fragile as hers. Choi Seungcheol was handsome. Princely, at that. "What?" Ari scoffed. Surely, he knew the effect he had on people? "What do you want now?"

The people around them, the guests and invitees had begun whispering amongst themselves by now

The people around them, the guests and invitees had begun whispering amongst themselves by now. Were they close? Was the competition a farce? Ari could almost imagine Jeonghan rolling his eyes somewhere in the background. But Seungcheol didn't seem to care. He didn't want to leave her hand and with a smile on his face, he spoke, "You don't hate me, do you?"

Ari thought about it, "I didn't but I might soon enough." She looked at him, trying not to melt at how happy he looked, "Especially if you keep this up."

"Keep what up?" Seungcheol asked, knowing full well what he was doing, "Holding your hand like this? Kissing it? Should I do it again?"

Ari sucked in a large breath, trying to distract herself. Had it gotten hot around there? Drunk Seungcheol was indeed dangerous. She searched the crowd, "That's it, your highness. I'm going to return you to Jeonghan-ssi before you do something you regret."

"Seungcheol." He spoke his name, serious. He wasn't drunk in the slightest but he was enjoying how she was tolerating him. It allowed him to be honest. "You're only formal on occasions like these. I like it when you call me by my name."

"Fine then, Seungcheol-ah." She let all the honorifics go. Spotting Grand Assistant Jeonghan, Ari dragged the Crown Prince by the hand, trying to dismiss the onlooker's curiosity with a smile "It's time for you to leave," They walked to Jeonghan, where Ari effectively abandoned the puppy Seungcheol had turned into. "Here, take him, please."

Jeonghan sighed, thanking Ari. "He should come to apologise tomorrow morning," Jeonghan predicted, glancing at the scheming sober friend of his, "I'm sorry you had to deal with that."

Ari shook her head, "It's fine. But is he like this every time he's drunk?" She was curious, observing Seungcheol. Did the Crown Prince make a move on any woman he saw every time he'd had a little more to drink? Was Seungcheol truly a player in a chivalrous disguise? The man in question however, stood quietly, looking at her with a knowing smile.

"No." Jeonghan sighed, trying to cover up for his lazy best friend, "Cheol usually just grows silent and falls asleep by himself so I've never had to do much." He looked toward the man in question, sitting down, looking at him with his eyebrows raised. "This is new, even for him."