31.

::

"This is it?" Ari asked Joshua, surprised by the report. The brown file in front of her seemed to barely have twenty pages. It was nowhere in comparison to what she'd requested of her assistant. "This is all of the royal events from 1987?"

Joshua shrugged, "This is all that the Royal Archive could provide." Placing a palm on the table, Jisoo leaned forward, his tie nearly touching the open file on the table that he was pointing to, "They covered all royal public outings in the maximum detail that they could." Flipping the page to show her one of the accounts aforementioned, he continued to explain, "The events itself are very well noted. However, the number of events being so low suggests that there might be another official file. Either that or the number of unofficial events outnumbered the official ones by a large scale."

Ari nodded, agreeing to the reasoning her assistant had put forth

Ari nodded, agreeing to the reasoning her assistant had put forth. Blinking twice, she observed Joshua's findings carefully. Flipping pages, she studied the event she was looking for, recognising the date immediately, "This one." Ari pointed out to Joshua who was looking over her head, "The International Peace Conference of 1987. The Vice Minister of their country attended among our representatives. We signed a major trade deal back then." Ari mentioned.

The trade deal had helped keep the peace between two countries that were at each other's throats before. It was historical. Whoever had dealt with it back then knew foreign politics like the back of their hand. If she were to do something similar, Ari would need more information, "I need everything you can find out about this. Anything from accounts of the people who visited to official records left behind—get me everything."

"That was nearly forty years ago." Joshua explained, straightening his back to look down on her, "It's not going to be easy but I'll bring everything I can get my hands on." Folding his arms he frowned. His parents were likely to know but not tell. Besides them, Joshua had already looked through every file possible in advance. There was nothing within the records that Ari would want. Instead of pushing her through another layer of disappointment, Joshua suggested an alternative, "I know someone who might help."

Ari looked at him quizically, "Who?"

"My parents were teenagers around then so their memories might be fuzzy. But if it's the information we need then there's only one person to rely on, Xu Minghao."