19.

::

Ari examined the contents of the documents one last time before signing the space at the bottom. Clearing up her table for the day, she handed the document over to Joshua with a quick, "Good work today."

Jisoo glanced over at Ari worriedly, wishing her the same

Jisoo glanced over at Ari worriedly, wishing her the same. He placed the papers in his bag, watching Ari lean back into her chair with closed eyes. It had been peaceful for a while, with the new mine set up, the plans for making it a recreational spot in the future, drawn up. A temporary lab for documentation and observation of these metals in such an odd spot was being constructed as well with an observatory to boot.

But these things were difficult to process as fast as they were being done. The contractor had been skimping on raw materials when Ari had caught him, the researchers involved put up protests for working conditions to which Ari declared a quick movement in plans, and the Royal Treasury delayed the flow of funds until the very last second until Ari contacted the Finance Minister to snap them out of their laziness.

Ari had been working non-stop. "Maybe, you should go get some sleep in your bedroom for once, your highness." Joshua worried, "Would you like me to help you with some sleep-inducing tea?"

"No, no," Ari spoke with a heavy voice, peeking through her half-closed eyelids, "I'll have the maids draw up a bath and go down for dinner after." She explained, "This is just a short five-minute nap, I promise."

Joshua sighed as she slumped back, disappearing into her dreams within the next second. He moved silently, placing a warm blanket above her as he tiptoed out of the room. "Hey, why are you walking around like a thief—?"

Hong Jisoo nearly shrieked at the top of his lungs with Seungcheol's sudden words. The Prince had been standing outside, passing by the area when he'd noticed Joshua walk out like a suspect avoiding punishment. Joshua coughed instead, standing back and regaining the dignity he'd almost lost as he closed the door behind him. He looked at Seungcheol, still waiting for an answer, "Yah! You almost scared me!" He hissed in short whispers, "What if Ari wakes up because of you?!"

 He looked at Seungcheol, still waiting for an answer, "Yah! You almost scared me!" He hissed in short whispers, "What if Ari wakes up because of you?!"

"Ari's asleep?" Seungcheol echoed, hands in his pockets, not caring about nearly scaring the wits out of his cousin, "In her office?"

Joshua nodded, "She says it's just a nap but she hasn't slept properly in days. At this point, I'd rather she sleep how much ever possible." Seungcheol thought about it, glancing through the glass pane. He hadn't seen the room against his lit up in a while, meaning Ari hadn't come to sleep during the night at all. She was overworking herself, wasn't she? Was it okay?