48.

::

Jeonghan dispatched the knights in his division immediately upon the Princess's mandate, a surge of adrenaline coursing through his veins as urgency gripped the air. Orders were given for a quick search and to pinpoint the location of the fake Princess. Any suspicious individuals loitering without reason or invitation were to be taken into custody and questioned before any possibility of release.

As the knights in blue and black mixed within the colorful crowd enjoying the ball, a sense of tension hung in the air, juxtaposed against the elegant dance of the evening

As the knights in blue and black mixed within the colorful crowd enjoying the ball, a sense of tension hung in the air, juxtaposed against the elegant dance of the evening. The King was the first to be escorted out safely, while the rest of the crowd was detained in their place. Seungcheol took the floor under control, his authoritative commands cutting through the chaos like a sharp sword. Mr. Anderson's surprise was noticeable as he glanced around, witnessing the heirs taking decisive action as if they were waiting for it. Momentarily, he paused to learn the details from the First Prince, gave him a disapproving stare and then disappeared after the King. He had no option but to leave the scene in the hands of the those he deemed even slightly capable.

Both Ari and Seungcheol's command seemed small in front of the King's personal security, yet they stood resolute, their determination fueling their actions. The King's group was set up on up to seven hundred yards in radius, each agent actively communicating the details of the case. With their compliance, a larger search party was mobilized and the investigation was widened. Every corner of the palace grounds were then scoured in the relentless pursuit of the impostor.

While the crowd was left wondering why the music had stopped and where the King had gone, the first spotting was reported. It was a glimmer of hope amidst the uncertainty that shrouded the night. "Agent Boyd in the red dress is live reporting from her position in sector 32-E," one of the knights notified Jeonghan, his voice tinged with anticipation. "She is currently in pursuit of what is believed to be the alleged assassin. Agents nearby have responded, and we have tightened the circle down to a 100 yards. The suspect will be arrested soon, sir."

Nodding gravely, Jeonghan turned to report it to the one above him, his heart pounding in his chest like a drumbeat of apprehension. Yet, as his body twisted, a sinking feeling of dread settled in the pit of his stomach. He realized he had missed something abysmal. Where did she go? Empty space greeted his frantic gaze where Ari had been standing moments before, her absence a stark reminder of the weight of his failure.

Yoon Jeonghan stood in his post helplessly, his hands clenched into fists at his sides, a maelstrom of emotions raging within him. He had failed in the most important task of all: protecting the Princess. The weight of that failure pressed down upon him like an unyielding burden, his mind consumed with thoughts of how he could've missed it, his heart heavy with the knowledge of the danger that now loomed over them all.

The Princess had been kidnapped from right under their noses.

::

Ari glanced around the room she was confined in, her eyes sweeping over the familiar furnishings in her detached circumstances. The bed was made, neat, hinting that the help had been in and out. Within an hour of difference in their presence, the familiar room had already developed into chaos. The drawn curtains obscured any view of the outside world, plunging them into complete darkness.