Chapter 9

Marianna's POV Cont

Marianna's POV Cont.

"Guards!!" Winston calls out. We all stand to our feet. What is he doing here?

"Oh come on Winston. Is that how you treat your only brother? Especially after such a long time."

"You are not my brother Gastron. You lost the priviledge when you and that woman poisoned my wife!" Winston shouts back at him.

"Oh yess." His eyes trial over to me. "Happy Birthday Sister in law. I see you are...healthy. " He says looking down at my stomach. I put my hand protectively over it.

"Do not speak to my mother."

"Nephew! How much you have grown."

"Why are you here Gastron? Haven't you caused enough hurt to this family already." My mother in law says, and something flashes across Gastron's face so quickly if I blinked I would of missed it.

"Hello to you as well mother. I see your doing well." His tone came out a little softer at first, but then he hardened it.

"You're not welcome here Gastron. Your brother has been lenient with you after all you have done, because you are family. The least you could do is respect that. " His father tells him.

"I do respect it father. I just thought I'd come wish my sister in law a Happy, Happy Birthday. That's all." He says looking me directly in my eyes.

"We haven't spoken in over 20 years and today you decide it's necessary to wish me happy birthday. What is it that you are really here for Gastron?" I ask him, not letting him intimidate me.

"Well since you asked nicely. A little birdie has told me some very interesting information. I just needed to find out myself." He says walking more into the room. Winston stands in front of me, calling for the guards again.

"What are you on about Gastron?" Reinelle asks.

"Oh don't tell me you both have not told my good ole brother here about his other daughter." He says pretending as if he was shocked. I keep my face stern, not wanting him to think he has the upper hand.
"It seems you ladies haven't considering their confused faces. Tuhtuhtuhtuhtuh shame on you Marianna."

How did he even find out about Ele? Those of us who know of her, have kept our promise to this day.

"So sorry I'm late. Had a little problem to fix." Darcel says walking into the room, with two strange men behind her. Coming to stand next to Gastron.

No.

"What are you really doing Darcel?" Reinelle asks her. Her voice filled with irritation.

"Darcel wh-?"

"Why? Well Marianna, I'm tired. I'm tired of being second best to you. Can you believe my own parents compare me to you. You should do this like Marianna Darcel. Why not be a doctor like Marianna, Darcel. Marianna's such a great queen. You should try to be more like her Darcel. You took everything from me." She says her eyes filled with so much hatred.