Chapter 21

Aro's Pov

Aro's Pov

The number of missing persons continue to grow in Darlington, causing authorities to get even more suspicious.

"Jane have you found-"

A ear shattering scream is heard silencing Caius' words.

The Queens.

Throwing open the door of the throne room, we run towards the tower. The others behind me. The sound of snarls could be heard as we got closer.

Upon reaching the stairs,someone comes running down, colliding with me, before a loud explosion goes off. The person holds unto to me tightly, dry sobbing in my arms.

"Athenodora." Caius says cautiously. Taking her from me and into his arms.

"Where's Sulcipia, Athenodora?" I ask her. She frantically looks behind me. Trying to run back up the stairs but Caius doesn't let her go.

"Master what about Corin?!"

"No no no. She was right behind me. The- the." She falls to the ground holding her head in her hands, continuously mumbling she was right behind me.

I look back towards the stairs, an unnerving feeling filling me.

Slowly walking up the stairs,the heat of fire, warmed my cold skin. I watched as the flames blared out of the room, in anger. As if mocking me to come closer. I feel the tug of my hand.

"Brother-"

"She cannot be dead." I say looking at the fire. I try walking again, but Marcus pulls on my hand even harder.

"Let me go before I kill you Marcus!!"

"You can kill me if you choose Brother. I have longed for death for years since my mate died." I watch him, feeling the need to maybe give him what he so desires.

I turn back to the fire, staring into it.

Rest now my wife.

Walking back down the stairs, in a fit of rage, the cries of Athendora heard as Caius comforts her. Corin stood next to them.

"Where were you?" I asked her, grabbing her by her neck. The sound of glass breaking, as I tightened my hold.

"I w-ent to get something, for Queen Sulcipia, Master." I let her go, watching as she holds her neck.

At0 least Corin was not in the room, at the time of the fire. Losing her as well would be too much. Especially for dear Aston.

"Master Aro. The explosion was reported to the authorities. They-." Heidi says, coming up the stairs.

"Don't let anyone in."

"But sir-"

"Don't let anyone in!!!" I shout walking past her. I hear Marcus telling her something as I leave.