Chapter 29

Anderson Pov

Anderson Pov

The death toll is saddening.

Those that have been captured, is saddening.

Steven revealed to me that the evacuation plan to the Scared Tree has been incorporated into the minds of every fairy, from the day they could fully understand, and the Watcher was placed to watch over The Scared Tree and was the only one who had the power to open the portal to it.

"Many assumed my many greats grandfather King Trion could see into the future." He tells me.
"Before he passed he made sure this place was fully finished. Feared that war will come when he was not around."

"What now? What are you going to do about the child?" He says referring to a sleeping Aiden on the couch.

"Not sure. The Elementress was suppose to come to us and we were to get her on our side. Get rid of the hunters and that forsaken establishment. But here we are." I shrug.
"For the first time, I have nothing planned."

"Did you expect your adviser to betray you?" I ask him, and he frowns.

"No. But I assume he did not tell them about the portal, seeing as we were able to evacuate many before they arrived at location."

"How is Harley?"

"His pulse is still weak. They're keeping a close eye on him. If Roma was here she would of been able to heal him." I hum in understanding. Roma was one of the few healing fairies with the gift of healing.

Though some fairies are called healers, because thy work in the medical field, they did not have the power of healing.

In Harley's case, to have the power of complete mental control, was something one would see as a great asset. Sadly with great power, comes its cons.

Every time he used his power, it will drain him of your strength, and seeing the amount of persons he used it on today and the timeframe, he's lucky to be alive.

"Uncle Andy?" I hear Aiden whisper. He slowly walks over to me, sleep still in his eyes. I pick him up, setting him on my lap.

"Aiden this is my friend, Steven."

"Nice to meet you." He says giving him a big smile.

"Nice to meet you too." He taps his cheek. Making him giggle.

"Your majesty Harley is waking up." Fredrick says coming in the house, the little girl, who we have come to know as Mary following close behind.