Chapter 31

Anderson Pov

Anderson Pov

When I first found Fredrick, he was in transition to become a vampire. When he had awoken after a week he still looked human, but according to one of our vampire friends, he smelled like a Fai.

Flashback

"How is he?"

"His pulse is very weak, but at the same time it beats very strong. It's nothing we've ever seen, your majesty. He smells like Fai but there is a trace of vampire to him." Rider my head physician tells me.

We were tracking down one of the hunters camps near Faitoria when we found him left behind there. He was bleeding badly, but had a vampire bite on his neck.

My mind told me to leave him there, but my gut said otherwise.

The heart monitor started beeping loudly. Rider ran to his side, nurses running in to help. He shot up in the air. Two vibrant but frightened green eyes, frantically looking around the room.

His Eyes

I could sense the panic coming from him

I could sense the panic coming from him. Shouting at everyone to leave the room. He watches me wearily, backing up as far as he can from me on the bed.

"What's your name boy?"

"Fred-Fredrick sir." He looks down, not making eye contact with me.

"Look at me when I speak to you." His eyes shoot up to mines at my command. Staring widely at me.

"How old are you?"

"Sev-seventeen."

They did this to a kid.

"How did you end up at the camp?"

"I-I-My-If I t-tell y-you, you w-w-would kill me."