💙Winter Snuggles💙

A/N: holy shit 604 reads??? Dang, not bad! Thank you all so much for the support!! Especially these people, they're especially awesome: CallMeTurg27 whats_a_sleep-behindthesea- I love y'all :D Also yes I know it's summer but shhhhh. enjoy the fluff, you've all earned it <3

"Mikey! Why on earth were you out in a snowstorm without a coat!?" Was the first thing Mikey heard as he was pulled inside his boyfriend's house. Ray went into full on protective mother mode, dragging Mikey into the laundry room.

"Poor baby, you must be freezing..." Said the concerned lover as he grabbed a towel. He began to dry the snow off of Mikey, the friction from the towel bringing warmth to the shivering boy. Ray looked in the dryer and grabbed some fresh clothes for Mikey. He gave him the pile of clothes, consisting of some Batman fleece pajama pants, a plain black hoodie, and some dark blue socks. He left Mikey to change and went to the kitchen. Ray began to prepare two mugs of hot chocolate, only to be startled by a sudden darkness surrounding him. The snowstorm grew more furious, and attacked the powerlines, bringing a power outage to the town. Ray jumped a shriek was heard.

"Ray!? What's happening?! I can't see!" Called a frightened Mikey. Ray grabbed a flashlight from a drawer in the kitchen and turned it on, drawing a luminous path in the dark abyss. He made his way back to the laundry room, opening the door slowly and quietly to prevent himself from frightening the already shaken boy. He shined the light at Mikey, causing him to turn away from the intense brightness. Ray pointed the flashlight on Mikey's body rather than his face and saw that he was fully dressed in the clothes he was given.

"The power went out, no need to worry. Come on, let's go warm up. It's cold in here." Suggested Ray, grabbing Mikey's hand and leading him to the kitchen, shining the light along the way.

"I made you some hot chocolate, dear. Go ahead and drink it. It'll be sure to keep you cozy." Ray said with a smile, lightly kissing Mikey's nose before walking off to the closet to find sources of light and batteries. Mikey grabbed one of the mugs, sipping at the hot chocolate. He smiled as the sweet flavor hit him, bringing warmth to him. He took another sip and set the mug down, only to see Ray return with several lanterns in his hand.

"Is the hot chocolate okay?" He asked. Mikey nodded.

"Yeah! It's really good-...uh, honey, do you think we really need all of those?" Asked Mikey, staring at the absurd amount of lanterns. Ray nodded to answer his question.

"Yes, absolutely! I need to put one in each room." He explained. He left the room and set a lantern down in the center of every room, excluding the basement and attic. He returned to Mikey with one lantern remaining. He sat it down and smiled. He was struck with more concern as he saw the boy shivering.

"It's cold...." Mikey mumbled, mug empty. Ray went over into the living room, grabbing a match along the way. He lit the match ablaze and began a fire in the fireplace to hopefully warm up the house. He grabbed some blankets and pillows and set them down in a pile before returning to Mikey. Ray grabbed his hot chocolate with one hand and held his boyfriend's hand in the other. He led him into the living room, the shorter smiling at the fire. Ray sat down on one of the pillows, wrapping himself up with a blanket. He smiled at the warmth the flames and blanket gave him. Mikey laid down next to Ray. He pouted, seeing that Ray was hogging the covers.

"Let me in! I'm cold too you know!' Mikey whined, getting a playful chuckle from Ray.

"I don't know, Mikey....I'm already really comfy..." Ray teased, giggling at Mikey's pouting face. He admired how adorable it was, and he felt a sudden urge to pinch his cheeks. He resisted the urge and opened up the blanket for Mikey.

"Come here, sweetheart. It's cozy in here." Said the smiling Ray, his voice gentle and inviting. Mikey smiled and snuggled up to his lover, feeling a sudden warmth as the covers were gently wrapped around him. Mikey gazed into the flames, captivated by their luminous glow. He stared into them, becoming completely absorbed by the warmth, which felt really comforting to him, especially knowing his boyfriend was right next to him. Everything felt right in the cruel world for once. The smoky scent of the embers mixing with the chocolate his lover sipped, the relaxing silence only broken by the crackle of the fire, the gentle touch of his boyfriend's hand running up and down his arm, it was heaven to Mikey.

"You seem pretty comfortable, huh?" Ray said with a light chuckle, Mikey nodding in response.

"Yeah, it's really nice...If I could, I would spend the rest of my life right here, well, if the fire wouldn't go out and if you would stay....It's times like this where I wish I could pause time....It's perfect." Mikey explained. Ray smiled at the words, wishing he could stay forever as well.

"Agreed. If I could stop time for you, I totally would. I want nothing more than for you to always feel like you do right now...You seem really happy. I haven't seen that smile of yours in a long time...I missed it." Ray whispered softly.

"Yeah...I hate being an adult. It's horrible! Paying bills, having the pressure of your job, having to worry about everything you do so you don't ruin your future.....I wish I could be a kid again, back when things didn't matter. School is nothing compared to the hell that's adulting. I would do anything to go back....Too bad time travel doesn't exist." Said Mikey. "I've been so miserable as an adult....That's probably how it's gonna stay."

"That's not true at all, Mikes...." Ray mumbled sadly. He hated that this was how Mikey felt almost all of the time. "You can always make things better for yourself." He said, hoping any piece of advice would be some sort of decent help.

"But how?.." Mikey questioned. "How do you make things better for yourself?"

"Well, it's different for everyone, dear. You have to figure out what works for you. You need to figure out exactly what about your job or whatever bothers you, and then make change." He explained to Mikey, looking down at him. Mikey nodded.

"I'll try, but I don't think it'll be easy..." He mumbled to Ray.

"It won't be easy, but I'll be right here helping you through it. I promise.....Darling, I want you to know that I would do anything and everything to keep you from being miserable. I mean it. I wish I could give you the world. But even that wouldn't be enough." Ray said. Mikey looked into the warm chocolate trenches that were Ray's eyes.

"I don't need the world. I already have it right here." Mikey said, lightly placing a kiss on Ray's nose. "Ray....I'd do the same for you anytime. Really, I would." He said, receiving a tight squeeze from Ray's arms.

"I never wanna let go of you. I love you..." Ray whispered, tightly hugging Mikey. Mikey giggled and blushed a soft pink.

"Please never let go of me....I love you more." Mikey mumbled softly, turning his head to face Ray. Silence flooded the room, but no one seemed to mind. Ray kept a hold of Mikey, occasionally kissing his head. Mikey would trace hearts all over Ray's back with his finger as he leaned into his touch. They didn't needs words to express their love to each other. Sure, that's what they did most of the time, but it was nice having silent moments like this too. Whether it was a tight squeeze, or a feather light touch, it all meant the same.

The two stayed like that for hours, being startled by a sudden light shining in the room. The storm had passed, and the lights came back on, illuminating the house. Mikey quietly whined, wishing the power was still gone.

"Just a few more minutes?..." Mikey asked in the softest voice possible. Ray smiled and got up to turn the lights off, but not letting go of Mikey. He held him as he stood up, flipping the switch downward, the darkness returning to the room. He laid down in front of the flames, placing his lover over him, blanket surrounding the two. Ray smiled and gently kissed Mikey's forehead.

"Maybe just a few more hours..." Mikey mumbled, a yawn being audible. He rested his head on Ray's chest, being lured into a deep sleep by the warmth and comfort of him. Ray yawned, feeling a wave of sleepiness possess him. He quietly whispered to himself:

"Just a few more hours..."