💚Nightmares💚

A/n: hey thanks to the people who have been reading my new group chat book! That one is mainly just silly nonsense I write for fun :) check it out if ya want! Anyways TW for this one: mentions of past ab***ve relationships and death that doesn't actually happen. Also I'm gonna be writing the actual nightmare in 1st person but switch to 3rd for the rest because I can do what i please :)) ONE MORE THING! If you wanna skip the actual triggering dream sequence and go straight to the fluff, feel free to do so. You don't really need the dream to understand what's going on

Mikey's POV:

I'm walking through town alone. I know it's a bad idea, but I was only out to buy some Coke Zero to drink, as I had ran out and needed some. I go into the gas station and purchase a case, then I begin to walk home. I see a black silhouette walk towards me. I figure it's probably someone just heading in the same direction as me, but it gets closer. He calls my name, and I instantly recognize the voice. It's Pete. I set my case of drinks down and tun towards my house, but he catches up to me. He pins me to a brick wall in an alley and kisses me.

"Hey darling. Long time no see, huh?" Pete asks, I don't say anything yet. I simply give him a dirty look before I respond.

"Fuck off, you're the last person I wanted to see." I tell him, only to be slapped in the face.

"You don't fucking speak to me that way, you hear me?" Pete asks, slapping me again and slamming me against the wall as I begin to cry.

"Pathetic little bitch, crying your eyes out. You haven't changed." He tells me. I cover my ears, but he rips them away from my head.

"Get away from me!" I cry.

"But I love you too much to let you go." Pete said to me, tracing along my body with a pocket knife.

"You should be happy that I love you. No one else will." He told me. I try pushing him away but I feel a sharp pain in my chest. I scream and he laughs, watching as red seeps through my black and white striped shirt. He kisses me and stabs me again, repeating "I love you." Over and over again. I fall to the ground and he leaves me to be eaten by rats.

Then I wake up. Thank god it was a nightmare.

Third Person:

Mikey shot awake, rubbing his eyes and putting on his glasses. He recalled his nightmare, beginning to softly weep to himself. Ray laid next to him, waking up and rolling over. He heard Mikey crying and frowned. He gently wrapped an arm around Mikey's waist and sleepily mumbled.

"Hey, what happened baby? Did you have a bad dream?" Ray asked before yawning. Mikey nodded, laying back down and snuggling close to Ray.

"Aw, poor baby....Do you wanna talk to me about it honey?" He asked, Mikey nodded.

"Pete..He-" Ray cut Mikey off with a soft and loving kiss to the lips.

"Sweetheart, you know he can't hurt you anymore. Right?" Ray asked, gently rubbing Mikey's back. Mikey's cries grew louder as Ray comforted him. He felt vulnerable, and he couldn't keep his emotions in. Ray was at least happy Mikey wasn't bottling up his emotions. It was a start. He gently rocked the crying boy, humming and whispering to him in an attempt to ease him.

"Shh, it's okay baby doll, no one's gonna hurt you...Don't cry sweetie...You're safe, I've got you." Ray cooed, pressing kisses to Mikey's forehead.

"He killed me." Mikey said, wiping his tears away. Ray frowned.

"It was just a bad dream honey. Don't worry, I'm here. I'll protect you. I'm never gonna let him anywhere near you." Ray said, reaching for a stuffed bear he had given to Mikey on Valentine's day that year. Mikey took the stuffed animal and cuddled it, nuzzling his face into the soft fur. Ray turned on the TV so Mikey would have some light and some white noise. The TV was playing an infomercial.

"You want something to drink buttercup?" Ray asked, seeing Mikey nod.

"Okay honey, can you sit up? I have some water for you." Ray asked, grabbing a bottle of water from his night stand and handing it to Mikey. Mikey sat up and took the water, quickly drinking it as Ray rubbed his back.

"Good...I love you." Ray said softly, kissing Mikey's nose. Mikey found comfort in the way Ray said that. It wasn't anything like when Pete told him that in the nightmare. It was nice. It was genuinely loving. Mikey lair back down with Ray, snuggling into his chest. He still had a few tears left to get out. Ray was there the whole time, reassuring Mikey that everything was going to be okay.

"I feel bad that I'm always crying over something.." Mikey said, Ray shaking his head.

"Don't you ever feel bad baby, I'm so proud of you for being able to come to me for comfort." Ray reassured, holding Mikey's hand and gently rubbing it with his thumb.

"I still feel sad...I don't know why." Mikey said.

"That's completely normal...Here, let me make it all better." Ray said before peppering kisses over Mikey's face. Mikey couldn't help but smile, reaching to stroke Ray's hair. It felt soft, and it was comforting to touch. Ray spent the rest of the night distracting Mikey from his night terrors, making sure Mikey knew he was loved and that he was protected. Mikey eventually fell asleep in Ray's arms. Only dreaming of good things, like puppies, video games, and soft fluffy things. He owed it all to Ray.

As for Ray, he spent a while watching Mikey sleep, making sure he didn't show anymore signs of having nightmares. He felt bad knowing that Mikey felt guilty, especially when it wasn't even his fault for having the nightmares. He fell asleep a while later, leaving the two snoozing in the morning light.