💛Stay Warm💛

Ray turned on his webcam, waiting for Mikey to join his video call. The band was on tour but Mikey had to return home due to a serious illness. Mikey had already been taken care of at the hospital, but couldn't continue the tour so they hired another bassist and let Mikey go back home and rest. Ray sat in his hotel room. Waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

Mikey has joined the voice call.

R

ay's stomach began bubbling with excitement the second he heard Mikey's voice.

"Hi!" Mikey said, trying his best to sound enthusiastic despite his illness. His voice was a bit raspy. It didn't matter to Ray, as long as it was Mikey's voice, his heart would melt.

"Hey sweetheart, you feeling okay?" Ray asked softly.

"No, I'm still really sick." Mikey said before bursting into a fit of coughs.

"Oh poor baby...Can you turn your webcam on?" Ray asked Mikey. A few seconds later Mikey was visible on the screen. Mikey was using his phone unlike Ray who was using his laptop. Mikey seemed miserable for the most part, even though he tried to hide it from Ray. Mikey laid in his bed under a mountain of blankets. His face was pale and his eyes were watering a bit. He was still visibly shivering though which saddened Ray.

"Aw Hun...you've gotten worse haven't you?" He asked Mikey, who simply gave him a weak nod in response.

"Mhm, I feel like shit." Mikey said before coughing again.

"I really wish I was there to take care of you baby." Ray said. "Did you get a package today?" He asked, seeing Mikey nod on the video.

"Yeah, I haven't opened it yet. You wanted me to save it for a video call, right?" Mikey asked, waiting for Ray's confirmation. Ray happily nodded. Mikey got up for a second, still shaking. He returned with a box cutter and a fairly large package. Ray smiled seeing Mikey's face light up with joy.

"I'm so excited to open it! Can I yet?" Mikey asked. Ray smiled and nodded.

"Go ahead, babydoll."

Mikey took the box cutter and carefully opened the box. He set the cutter to the side and opened the package. He pulled out a large and fluffy blanket with the Star Wars logo on it. Mikey smiled from ear to ear and instantly threw the blanket over himself, thriving in the warmth. Ray smiled the whole time, wishing he could just kiss Mikey through the screen.

"Do you like it sugar?" Ray asked, even though the answer was obvious.

"Yes!! It's so soft...and it's Star Wars! Thank you so much honey." Mikey said. "you're the best. I love you."

"Aw, I love you too darling. I'm so happy you like it....is it warm?" Ray asked, seeing Mikey nod.

"It's really warm."

"Good, that was the whole point."

"What do you mean?" Mikey questioned.

"I wanted to make sure you have something to keep you warm when I can't." Ray said sweetly, looking at Mikey with all the love in the world.

"Ray you are so sweet. Thanks, cupcake....and when you get back, this blanket can keep you warm while you keep me warm." Mikey suggested. Ray slightly blushed and smiled.

"Sounds like a plan sweet pea. I'm so glad you like it." He said.

"Of course I do! You know me so well." Mikey said. "Hey, do you mind staying on call with me while I sleep?" Mikey asked Ray. "I just feel safer and better when you do that. Do you mind?" He asked

"Not at all baby, get comfy."