6.16 triggers

I'm walking in the park with Nony and our dog Zero. I have my hand on my baby bump and Nony is running around in the snow.

"Mommy! Snow bal." He smiles and he throws a handful of snow on my belly.

I laugh and wipe it off. "Come on. We have to hurry. Don't wanna pick your sisters up late." I smile and we continue walking.

We pick up the girls and walk back the same route. They somehow get into a snow fight and I stand on the side looking at the chaos of four and three year olds throwing snow at each other.

I spot a woman sitting on a bench and get a quick flashback of walking in front of her on our way to the school.

"Guys! Let's go home!" I yell at the kids.

They complain a little but grab their bags out of the snow and we continue our walk home. The woman follows us and I see more people following us.

I stop in a caffe and get the kids something to drink while sitting at a different table while calling Isaac.

"Hey, everything okay? Why aren't you home yet?" He asks.

"I think someone's following us. I don't wanna fight anymore then i have to. And I think Talia is also noticing because she's scared." I say almost crying.

"Send me your location. Just stay put and I'm on my way. Don't worry." He says grabbing his keys and leaving the house.

He hangs up and Talia looks at me. "It's okay, sweetie. Just drink your hot coco." I smile at her going through her hair with my fingers.

The door opens and I look up at the men who were following us. They sit down two tables next to ours and order something of the menu in an obviously careless way.

I grab my phone and text Isaac. 'They're in the caffe.' I hit send quickly and look at my kids.

"I'm taken my chances. She's pregnant and with her three kids and dog. What's she gonna do? Kill us all?" A guy asks the woman.

"Let's just be careful." The woman says.

The guy rolls his eyes and loads his gun. "Kids! Get under the table!" I yell.

Talia grabs Nony and pulls him under the table and Vicky quickly follows while I get up like the guy and grab his machine gun.

He looks at me with a smirk. "Be careful. You don't want your secret out." He says softly.

"I can fight with using my strength." I say and I knee him in the balls.

I grab his gun and look at the woman who holds Talia by her neck. "One movement and I kill your oldest." She says.

"You really think I'm the only wolf?" I ask.

"Who else?" The woman asks.

She gets knocked down from behind and I look at Isaac. "Her husband." He says before looking at me.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

I nod and we both look at the kids. Except for being shaken up they're all three fine. We get everyone in the car and drive home.

At home I install the full security system dad placed and call Allison. She picks up immediately and I tell her what just happened.

She tells me about Monroe and the hunters and the thing that escaped the wild hunt. "So they were hunters?" I ask.

"Most likely." She says.

I end the conversation and go back to Isaac. I explain the situation to him but we get interrupted by Nony.

Later that night I'm brushing my teeth and Isaac's getting changed. "Let's go back." He suddenly says.

I turn to him and frown. "Are you sure?" I ask.

"Yes, let's go back and help with the fight. If they're willing to come to France to kill us. Then we can show them how far we're willing to go to protect our family." He says.

I smile at him. "What?" He asks.

"Okay. Let's go back." I say nodding.

"I'll book a flight." He says and he walks out.

I'm left alone in our big empty bedroom. I go over my belly and sigh. "Looks like we're going home, little guy." I say softly.