Chapter 16: The Return of Iyashi

UA High: 7 Days before the sports festival
The UA students had moved into their dorms about a week ago
"Alright Joey, hit me again." Moyasu said having taken several punches from Joey.
"You sure you can any more, you seem pretty dazed." Joey said as he recalled Desert Rose.
"Yes I'm sure, now hit me again." Moyasu said putting his arms behind his back.
"Moy' I get that you want to train your durability, but I don't think getting beat up by Joey is helping." Fubuki said as she sipped on her morning tea sitting down in a lawn chair.
"Are they still going at it?" Zuri asked as she came from the main entrance of the dorms.
"With luck my brother should get some brains if Joey rattles his head enough." Fubuki said as she took another sip.
"Don't worry I'll aim for the head this time." Joey said as Desert Rose reappeared behind him.
"Wait what." Moyasu said dumbfounded as Desert Rose got ready to punch.
"How about we don't beat each other up right now, Iyashi is to get here in a small bit anyway."
Deyue said putting his Rapier in front of the two.
"Oh it was today, I thought he'd get here tomorrow." Fubuki said as she put her cup in its plate.
"We've got roughly 5 minutes, is everything ready?" Shinobi said as he levitated downward along with multiple grocery bags.
"Uhhh about that, Hayai hasn't woken up yet and neither has Dobutsu." Juden said from the entrance with a toothbrush in his hand.
"And neither have you by the looks of it." Juryoku said as she came outside.
"Alright then Zuri use Operation: Wet Jello to wake them up. Shinobi get inside with all the stuff and everyone will help you setup." She said grabbing 2 bags.
"Speaking of which where's Taiyo, wasn't he helping with the cake." Fubuki asked Shinobi.
"He and Michi got caught up with each other, last I checked they were at the pier as I was scourging every store for supplies." Shinobi said with a tone of exhaustion.
"And you didn't bother to let them know." Juryoku said angrily.
"Like Fubuki I thought it was tomorrow." Shinobi said getting the last of the bags inside.
Suddenly an Emerald-Pink color swerved the area as Juryoku grew angrier and angrier.
Gravity got stronger in that area as the group fell to their knees.
"Look what you did you idiot now she's pissed off." Joey told Shinobi as he tried to move away.
"Juryoku if we wake up Hayai now then we can get everything ready, you no just let calm down." Fubuki told her.
Juryoku let out a deep breath and the energy dissipated.
"I snapped again didn't I." An embarrassed Juryoku said.
"Do what you did but this time on that lazy bastard Hayai, for a guy who can move faster than sound he sure doesn't know how to move out of his goddamn bed." Moyasu told them.
They all got up and ran back inside making sure everyone was ready for Iyashi's arrival.
"Still no word on Michi and Taiyo?" Fubuki asked Shinobi.
"No but now that Hayai is awake he can go directly deliver the message to them." Shinobi told her.
"Already on it." Hayai said bolting past them and through the front entrance.
"Hey wasn't there a no power usage authority?" She said.
"Being a recommended student has its perks." Shinobi told her as everyone got annoyed.
"We get it you're special." Dobutsu told his lifelong friend.
"Alright cut the chatter he's arriving." Juden said emerging from an electrical socket.
"Cut the lights and stay quiet, Juryoku you know what to do now." Shinobi said.
Juryoku stepped outside looking at her watch stressing out about how 3 people weren't at the dorms yet.
She walked to the gate of the school as a black car pulled up.
The door opened and out stepped Iyashi scratching his neck as he looked at her.
"Iyashi!" Juryoku said as she hugged him.
Absolutely flabbergasted Iyashi tried to respond normally.
"Neeb uoy ev'woh ,ukoyruJ yeh." Iyashi responded with.
"What?" Juryoku said dumbfounded as she helped grab his bags.
"Nothing, how've you been." Iyashi asked her normally this time as he got his bags from her.
"I've been better." She sighed.
They both started walking back to the dorms as they caught up with each other.
"How's your hand." She asked as she looked to it.
"It took a while but I managed to reconstruct the bones." Iyashi told her as he moved it around.
"Do you know what happened after that day, I remember passing like a fever dream. Or somewhat like a nightmare." Iyashi asked her.
"I don't remember most of it either, all I know is that they had gotten away and that all the heroes took at max 2 weeks to recover." Juryoku told him.
Iyashi was amazed when she said that, most of their injuries would've taken him at least a month to repair. "Makes Ruin even more terrifying then huh."
"It does, I was just walking to the train stop when I just appeared in the back of the van, then Dire just knocked me out. I woke up an hour later to ruin beating a hero's head in. With just his bare fists too," Juryoku talked with a frightened tone, " he kept on beating into his face until it went into his head. He then looked at me and told me that that was what true power looked like. He kept saying about how the world needs a new order, one that is governed by actions and not politics. He then told me that I was key to that as I was the daughter of the world's strongest man. I tried using my power but they had a quirk cancelling drug. He then asked me how it felt to be just like everyone else, if I felt less special because I didn't have my special ability. I tried to scream but Dire just knocked me out again. And when I saw you try to save me I was afraid about what would happen to you, and how I wouldn't be able to let it go away."
Juryoku started to cry and Iyashi tried to ease her spirits, "Don't beat yourself up about it Juryoku, none of that was ever your fault you need to understand that."
"It is my fault though, if I hadn't been so powerless and weak dozens of people would still be alive today."
"If you want to get stronger then I'll help you by any means necessary, it's the least I could do for you."
"Thanks Iyashi." Juryoku said as she wiped off her tears.
They both made it to the dorms as everyone shouted.
"WELCOME BACK!!"
Iyashi was surprised as to why nearly everyone in his class had done this for him, having barely met them.
"After what you've been doing it's the least we could do." Joey told him as he got his bags.
"Thanks guys." Iyashi said.
"Although we're missing 4 people, but 3 are on their way." Fubuki said as she brought out bowls with chips.
"Oh that reminds me, where's Jikan." Juryoku asked her.
"He said he had to go home, that's the 6th time this week." Moyasu said.
"Well Jikan is Jikan, he'll be here eventually." Juden said.
"For now though, we celebrate." Shinobi said as he helped with the rest of the snacks.
"Sorry for being late everyone, there was traffic on the way here." Taiyo said as he came through the back door with Michi.
"It's great that you're here but where's Hayai." Juryoku asked him.
"We didn't know that it was today so he said he would do a last minute cake order." Michi said. "And knowing him he should be arriving in three, two, one."
Hayai came bursting through the front door tripping on the last step and having the cake splatter on Iyashi's face.
"Oh shit my bad dude." Hayai said.
With one finger Iyashi got some of the frosting on his face and licked it.
"This is some good frosting, what flavor is it." Iyashi asked him.
"Oh it's a mix of vanilla and red velvet, they call it Red Vanilla, it's a personal favorite of mine." Hayai said as he stood up.
With some veins popping up on her forehead, "Hehe, Hayai you and I are gonna have to talk about this incident later." Juryoku said as she tightly gripped his shoulder.
"Okayy, let's get started with the celebration everyone." Hayai said as he quickly moved to eat some chips.
At the Brando Residence in the slums of the city
"Hey Jikan get me another bottle will ya, this one's empty." A drunk old man said as he threw a bottle at Jikan shattering on his back.
"Get it yourself deadbeat." Jikan said.
"What was that you said just now." The man said.
"I'll get it right away." Jikan said.
He got another bottle and handed it to his father.
His father grabbed the bottle, slammed it on Jikans head and held him by his hair.
"Remember Jikan I gave you that power, and what I have given *cough* I can also take away from you, so don't you dare back talk me brat." He said.
Jikan nodded.
"Now take a shower, you reek of alcohol." His father said as he threw him to the floor.
Jikan walked slowly to the bathroom seeing the many markings on its wall.
He closed the door, bit down on a towel and stabbed himself in the shoulder with a knife.
He bit down harder in pain and took the knife out.
He cleaned himself up and took a shower, a long and cold shower.
He sat down on the tubs floor and began to think about his classmates and how they were having that welcoming party for Iyashi.
He would've rather been there than deal with the bullshit that his drunkard father gives him. But he still needs to be there.
He walked into his room, a mess of chairs blood stains and so many glass shards on the floor.
He then look to the wall where a photo that had been kept in perfect position remained.
It was a photo of his 4 brothers, his mother, himself, and where his father would stand it was cropped out.
He looked at the photo for a while then a memory appeared in his head.
His mother had been gravely ill and was bedridden for 2 months. His dad divorced her because of how much money he was spending, even though it wasn't much. He was visiting her for the last time with his older brothers, Dobaru, Akira, Enrico, and Yoshikage. He walked into the room and saw his mother with tubes all over her body barely keeping her alive. He got closer and she told him.
"My little count, you are a gift, your powers are a gift, and yet you never use it for others."
"Those kids at school were picking on me though."
"It is not that son, I need you to know this. The world will only see what you show them, have the world see what I see in you."
The memory cuts
'Dammit mother, why'd I have to end up like this, I need you here with me now, why'd you have to leave me.' Jikan thought as tears streamed down his face.
He punched the wall and kept crying some more.
He then went to sleep on a horrible smelling, uncomfortable and stained mattress.
End of Chapter ——————————————-
That was pure filler and part of Jikan's backstory, this is all so you guys can get better at knowing these characters
Sorry if his backstory was a bit iffy and hard to understand
It'll be more fleshed out in later chapters once I figure out how to properly write stories
But it's getting better
That'll do it for this chapter
See you guys next time and as always
GO BEYOND PLUS ULTRA
Quick note: Please check out my other story for better understandings of how these characters look like cuz here I'm really only doing brief descriptions of them: https://www.wattpad.com/story/287937398?utm_source=ios&utm_medium=link&utm_content=share_writing&wp_page=create&wp_uname=hellothere1257&wp_originator=%2Bf4puTn2VeBCMcKly9p6KwjCGa1pBma1YiS53QqGRDAvb7HyoeirjH%2B9XHPRbi6VMWab75AY%2BxONerT9twKm2Kk4xhTQt4XPaPazQCsLL6N5x%2FTLp9dfha4PdR4EE3Ah