5

His friend? Did he seriously just ask you that? What person thinks being som3ones friend is the same as doing someone a favor. What in the world is he thinking? That's the exact thought that was running through your head when you watched his eyes. Looking for some kind of emotion, something that would give you a hint to just that.

"Todoroki, I'm sorry, but could you explain what you mean by that?" 

His eyes flashed with nothing because absolutely nothing about his facial expression changed. With a straight face, Todoroki said again, "you asked if you could do something to repay me. Be my friend."

"Why?" Was the first thing that escaped your mouth, you hated how it sounded so condescending, you didn't mean it to be that way, it just was. "I don't mean to be rude, but isn't there anything else you want? Besides, don't you already have a bunch of friends?" 

"..." he didn't say anything, his eyes were staring you down intently. You go that feeling of uncomfortableness again. A shiver ran down your spine, all the way to your toes as you watched Todoroki take a step closer, "I guess I should be more specific." He took another step, "what I want from you is help," another step, your eyes darted from his lips to his eyes and his hair, then his feet and back at his eyes again, "I want to learn..." your eyes were latched onto his hands as he gripped your shoulders, "...how to feel." 

You gulped, because what else could you do at that moment. You needed to get his hands off of you, they were messing with your mind. You stepped back and shrugged off Todoroki's hands, "is that all?" He nodded, your eyes hit the floor as you thought about what it meant to be Todoroki's friend, there were surely an equal amount of pros and cons, but his eyes–you looked back into them–looked so hopeful. You couldn't say no, you just couldn't.

Sighing, you rock back and forth on your heels, you close your eyes, only opening them once you know you're facing the ground again. You looked up through your lashes and nod, "alright, I'll be your friend, Todoroki." 

Still looking through your lashes, you admire the way his head tilts slightly to the side, the way he blinks a sigh of relief, and his lips, the way they quirk into the most irregular smile you've ever seen on a person. 

"Let's be clear you want to understand emotion, right?" 

Todoroki nodded earnestly, and God helps you it was so cute. You looked down again, your hair falling over your eyes, covering the large red exploding on your cheeks. Something about this boy, something about him made you feel weird inside. 

How would you get through this friendship without spilling your guts? You wanted to hug him, that thought got you remembering how close he was just a few moments ago. You wanted that closeness back, even if it was through just a little touch. A little finger tap, the tiniest spark would be enough to ignite your flames. 

You couldn't let that happen, not ever. You couldn't for many reasons, and they're sure as hell would probably be more cons than pros. You could not let this boy touch you again, you would have to get over whatever you were feeling. A friend, he wants a friend. You remind yourself. Not an entire person.

Even so, you can't help but long for his touch. And it pisses you off to the core, "you're okay with me being Katsuki's brother?"

"It doesn't matter to me whether you're related to Bakugo or not." He states simply, yeah but he might, "I don't have a problem with him." He sure as hell has one with you, but you're so sweet and precious! My brother has serious issues!

A million thoughts stream through your brain, but one you hold on to carefully, repeating it over and over again until you know you've got it down: Do not let him touch you. I repeat DO NOT let Todoroki Shoto touch you again.