10

"Todoroki?" He didn't respond and your heart fell to your feet. "Todoroki please!" He stopped dragging you, stopped walking completely. Todoroki dropped your wrist and you wondered if you should be scared because you really didn't want him to be mad at you, ever...

You looked in front of you, Todoroki, and began shaking, he looked like he wanted to crumble to the floor, "Todor-"

"Do you know..." you gulped backing up, he sounded angry, and you did not want to be the only person around when he randomly unleashes his left side as he did with Deku at the sports festival, "how awkward that was!?"

"What?" You looked up, Todoroki was still facing forward, but his head had turned slightly. His face was bright red, brighter than his left part. He was—you finally realized—embarrassed. "Aww, Todoroki..." He was so damn cute; he was older than you and yet you were the one who kept falling for the adorableness he had.

"What?" Now he looked a bit confused, but red still flooded his cheeks. "Look, please don't ever put me in-what? What are you laughing at?! Stop that!" He walked forward and grabbed your shoulders, shaking you slightly.

You know that Todoroki knew what being embarrassed was, he'd just lacked the facial expression for it. But man did he have it down now. Maybe this would be easier than you thought. "I'm sorry." You put your hands up, "but in my defense, you just looked so cute!"

Todoroki stopped moving, and your laughter stopped as well, opening your eyes. You thought he looked even brighter than before, understanding that he was now embarrassed because you had called him cute gave you a slight boost in your pride.

"Am I really..." he started, and you watched his eyes, a slight blush coating your cheeks as the thought: go one, say it, "cute to you?"

You smiled, walking in front of him, "we should get going. I really am hungry now."

"Maybe you should wait outside this time, I am sure I can manage by myself." Sweat dripped down his brow.

"Oh my gosh, no! Todoroki I was only pretending to be displeased," you rubber your stomach, "I wish we had stayed, to be honest." The flea market entrance was coming into view, and you felt bad about not looking around, about just coming here to help Todoroki. It's not that you minded, but you really wish you could've stayed longer.

"Well, why did you cause a scene?" He shrieked quietly because only Todoroki could make that a thing.

"To help you." You stated simply, looking over your shoulder at him.

It took him a while to respond, and when he finally did all he said was, "oh..."

You looked over your shoulder again, throwing your hands behind your head, "oh, come on, don't look so sad, you look more disappointed than me and I'm the one starving. You know you did really well today, I think you deserve a prize, should we look around then? But after we're done eating. We can always come back another day, but I haven't been to a flea market in forever, I'll get you anything you want." As you were ranting on and on you failed to notice Todoroki's lack of participation.

He looked so solemn, and you wanted to say something, but I mean exactly what could you say?

"Uhm...Todo-"

"Was the only reason we came here today because you wanted to help me?" His voice rang out loud and clear and you heard something like anguish in it,

You laughed nervously; this is what you expected from him when you acted like a snobby, entitled Karen, not whatever you did wrong now. "Yes?"

He looked up and his eyes looked dark, tired even, "I just remembered I have training. I'm sorry, but I have to go."

"Oh... okay." You sounded distant and hurt, but that's because you were. You didn't really want Todoroki to leave, it would be kind of boring without him. You could call up Hikari, but he was probably at the hospital with Aoi, you felt bad about not visiting him. You hadn't seen him since the first time you'd visited. You just hadn't had time, at least that's what you told yourself and everybody else.