16

Five months later, you stood outside the hospital, tears streaming in your eyes. Not being able to believe it. Beside you stood your brother, Shoto, Hikari, Rin, Aoi's parents, your parents, Rin's parents, and Hikari's parents. Something brisk in the October autumn air. 

Today, October 18, 2022, Aoi would be released from the hospital. He had successfully beaten his cancer. Today, was a happy day. Nothing could take this away from any of you. No drama between friends and brothers, it was all about Aoi the strongest one out of all of you. Within the last four months, Aoi had undergone surgery after surgery, he was doing chemo and taking tests to make sure he was up to date on all his anti-biotics. 

Finally, his parents had gotten the message. After crucial months, thinking that one day Aoi might not be alive the next time they went to go check on him, they were told that he would live. The doctor said 10 or more years, but you would be right by his side the rest of his life, just like you knew Hikari and Rin would be.

Shoto gripped your hand as Aoi was pushed outside in his wheelchair. The blue and pink stickers you had given him decorated the entire thing. You laughed, it looked horrible.

He rolled up in front of you three. You let go of Shoto's hand and hugged the death out of him. Hikari joined in not too long after, Rin right behind him. "Guy's," Aoi chuckled, "are you trying to put me back in that hospital?"

Hikari moved back and glared, "too soon, dude."

'I'm the one supposed to say that." Aoi smiled his stupid pretty boy smile. 

"You left us for a while," Rin muttered.

"Yeah, we missed you!" Hikari rubbed his cheek against Aoi's, "I didn't think you'd remember us when you got out."

"You visited me every day, you maniac! I could never forget how annoying you are," he said, pulling away.

"Awww stop being a tsundere it's not as cute as you think it is." He booped his nose, making Aoi scowl.

"Hey, I was promised ice cream." Katsuki's voice made you scowl too. You whirled around, catching the exact moment Rin pulled him in by his sleeve, murmuring something. Your brother blushed and sighed, responding under his breath.

You hadn't really talked to Rin in the five months since your fight. Katsuki continued ti see Rin. You continued to see Shoto. You just never spoke about them.  You were hoping that one day it could be changed. That you all could be friends, but you didn't know if five months was enough space for you, and everyone else involved, and you certainly didn't want to be the one to bring it up.

You never asked Shoto what he talked about with Katsuki when they had left, nor had you ever asked Katsuki about it. But you didn't need to know what had been said, because whenever Shoto came over or you went out with him, your brother kept his mouth shut.

You knew whenever Rin was over because Katsuki's door would be shut with a sign that said "knock first" on it. There would also be a plate missing from the cabinet and when Katsuki came down to wash dishes, there would be two in his hands. 

But like him, you kept quiet. You only saw Rin when you had to, like at school. You refused to eat with him, and Hikari had been torn. So to be fair, each day he would switch off, one-day eating lunch with you in the classroom and the next would be out in the quad or in the library with Rin. You were sure Hikari told Rin about everything, whether he was conscious or not.

You visited Aoi as much as possible, while simultaneously doing your best to avoid bumping into Rin. Aoi never asked you anything and you assumed it was because Hikari said something like "they need to figure it out, let's not get involved". They acted like such an old couple married couple. Honestly.