chapter 1 • Here we go..

"Are you sure you want to leave?" My friend Devyn asks when I held my phone up to my ear

"Yes, I'm sure" I reply packing up the rest of my things before my Mother came back to the apartment.

I could not stay here anymore.

"Dev, I've been accepted there." "Not because of my father," "I earned my place there okay?" I noticed she didn't answer me. "Okay, just promise that you'll get here safe." She says with pure concern in her voice.

"I promise I will get there safe, I love you and I'll see you soon," Devyn said her goodbyes then I hung up. I walked around the dark, eerie, cluttered apartment to see if I need anything else before I leave.

Seeing nothing else was needed for me, I hurried up and took my cases and bags, and stormed out the door. My mother has absolutely lost it. Ever since my Dad divorced her, she became a living mess.

She treated me horribly, became an alcoholic, abusive toward me. She didn't even feel like my Mom anymore. On top of that my boyfriend left me on ridiculous terms after being together for 3 long-ass years. Saying we were better off being friends, it's stupid. I surprisingly still got over the breakup quickly though. He wasn't worth the pain and tears.

But even now, I have tried to go out on dates with other men. They never tended to work out, so I stopped at one point. Just one-night stands that kept me occupied over the few years while getting myself prepped for school.

I made it out of the elevator seeing the dark glistening stars above me at the entrance of the busted complex. Seeing luckily, my Mothers car wasn't there yet. I suddenly saw my ride waiting outside the apartments, and I wave up at them running quickly in my heels.

The driver got out of the vehicle. "I can put these away for you miss." He offered kindly to me "Thank you so much." I grazed his shoulder before getting into the car. As the man finishes placing my luggage away he hops back into his driver's seat.

Once he started up the car, I heard a glass bottle hit his window. I flinch unexpectedly from the sudden noise seeing my drunk Mother trying to get into the car.

"Violette! where do you think you are going?" She says drowsily, but with the most pissed-off look on her face. "Drive please!" I yelp at the driver as he stares at her just as I. He snapped out of it driving down the  busy street  away from her.

I look behind me in the mirrors. Seeing her stand there down the road. I turned back around slowly hitting my neck against the cold, black leather seats.

I'm sorry Mother.

But you need help, i've tried, Dad tried. I'm over it, so I need to leave you. I hope you start to realize that you do need help.

I love you.

I'll see you later or never.

x.