Chapter 8 • In His own Forever

I waited in front of the door to his penthouse as I knocked

Elijah's neighbors saw me as they walked down the hall to the elevator or staircase. "He has a girl over?" A middle aged woman says.

"Haven't seen one going to his place in a long while." She smiles at me. What does that even mean?

"I don't know how to respond to that." I laugh awkwardly at the woman. "No need, I'm Lorraine." She takes her hand out to me as I shook it. "Violette." I smile "you're absolutely beautiful." Her hazel eyes scanned me.

"Thank you." I thought she was lovely. But I now I wanted to know what was going on in Elijah's past. Why he stopped actively dating others.

What made him suddenly stop?

"I'll be on my way now seeing that he's there waiting." She says making me turn to the door seeing him. He suddenly had a button up shirt on but they weren't done.

His tie was also not done hanging around his neck. Dress pants, but no belt. His curls were hanging messily down on his glasses.

"H-Hello Lorraine." His eyes appeared as he gave a small smile to her. "Hi, Elijah." She laughed "I'll talk to you two later." She walks away to the elevator leaving me and him.

"We're you busy doing something?" I say commenting on his clothes walking past his tall figure- then into his penthouse. "Yes I was at a quick meeting for the school." He closed the door as I stood near his couches.

"You look stunning." He says making me look at him. "I was at a small brunch with my Dad meeting his girlfriend." I tell him why and he hums.
"Also, Lorraine said to me that I was the first girl here in a long while?" Elijah's face look paralyzed. Something definitely happened with the last one.

Not that I was his to call 'his girl' anyway.

"It's nothing really." He sighed going over to his fridge and got a bottle of water out. "You sure about that?"

"I'm sorry, but it's not your business to talk about with me." He looks at me. "Okay, bad breakup I'm assuming, like really bad."

"I hope you know that I can understand that." I say lastly. "Just don't avoid things forever after something bad happens to you." "Like your stuck in your own forever." I walk slowly over to him.

He had a thinking face, as he kept his eyes on the drink in his hand. I lift my hand to his neck as I stood next to him. "If you ever want to, I'm here to talk." I move his head towards me when he moves his body around as well.

"No, I've been managing well enough on my own." He declined politely. "I'm sorry"-
"Where's your bedroom Elijah?"

Once I say that, he placed his water down and took my hand to go up the stairs next to his kitchen. The floor was a beige carpet leading down to four rooms.