Chapter 20 • Distant Souls

❦

I DON'T even know how long it's been at this point. Maybe about a month or two now..?

Samuel has purposely keeping me away from her, and it pissed me off very much. He switched her class schedules, not inviting her to big parties I knew she would love,  she was just not anywhere.

We've just been texting each other since our last meet together.

I was back to being the super conserved professor, quiet & all. My classroom was empty due to the fact that it was a Friday evening. The amount of things I had to grade was unreal, but I was almost close to finished for the weekend.

I rub my face gently as I still sat at my desk looking at a laptop. I also have not been getting the best sleep lately, I don't know why. As I kept listening to my own thoughts I heard the door open & I sighed.

"If this is another student, I am almost done grading your things, before break." I kept my head down, and they never answered.

"Elijah"

My head has never went up so fast, and it was exactly the woman I've been missing. "H-Hi." I clear my throat as we both kept making eye contact with each other. "You shouldn't be here"— I stood up, going over to my class door and locking it.

"I know, but it's been too long"—She stated as I walk up to her to wrap my arms around her small body. Embracing all of her sweet scents as did she. I took my head off her shoulder to look at her "I can't kiss you Elijah" She smiled, and my eyebrows furrowed.

"Because if I kiss you it will definitely lead to something we both can't stop.." Her hand goes through my hair as she looks up at me still. Violette's face looked like it was glowing, with her makeup softly done, glossed lips, and the beautiful white dress she wore.

"Can I see you later tonight at my place?" I ask her, knowing what her answer would be. "Elijah"—She cuts off; and I couldn't keep staring at her damn glossy lips, so I kissed them.