Chapter 14 • Is this Happening?

❦

Elijah and I made it to a very modern building.

Beautiful white covering all over, big glass windows covering the windows capturing the beautiful city of Brooklyn. Miguel dropped us off at the front—

"Ah Vio!" My Dad exclaims when he came outside going down the marble stairs with Lina. He wore a casual black suit while she wore a dark red wine dress.

"You look absolutely beautiful." He kisses my cheek. "Thank you Papa." I give him the same response back with his cheeks. "Thank you Eli, for bringing her here." He says with a nod; but I see Elijah glancing at me.

He quickly looks back over to him "Yes of course." A small smile appeared on his face. My Dad and Lina turn around as me and Elijah stood behind them as we walked to the still mysterious event for me. "So will you tell me now where we are?" I say to Elijah as we walked up to the door.

He opens it for me. "A party" The response was calm when I walk through seeing people in fancy dresses, suits, drinking champagne & wine.
Why the hell is there a party going on?

The music was loud. "It's a welcoming party to be exact, since I know you're still confused." Elijah held my waist when we walked past the people.
"For who?" Another question came out of me.

He chuckled.

"Sebastian Delarosa & Malik Hunt."

My mind immediately went to the clean man I met on the first week I came here in Brooklyn. Then the last name is the person I did not want to see ever in my damn life.
"Well that's just great, isn't it?" I mumble. He looks down at me with an eyebrow raise.

"Do you know one of them?"

I clear my throat. "Malik is the one I used to date.. and Sebastian I met him about two weeks ago at a party." I say awkwardly fidgeting at the ends of my ponytail. "Well that is just great." He adds, while we made it to the white circular clothed tables.