Chapter 24 • The Truth

❦

SEEING as today has been one of the most difficult ones I've had in a while, I wondered what she was doing.

I felt horrible that I told her to stay away from me until she figured everything out. But I want her to know exactly what she wants and feels.

I couldn't stop thinking about if I made her sad, hurt her— just anything bad in general. I was in the staff lounge due to the fact is was Friday and New Years was tonight.

My arms were on both sides of the sink as I looked up at myself in the mirror. My dark hair grew much longer to where it covered my glasses and blue eyes. The black stubble roamed all around my face. As I removed my glasses I turned on the faucet to splash the water against my face.

I groaned quietly when I opened my eyes again. I quickly took a towel to push my hair back and to pat my face dry. I heard someone walk into the room "Oh there you are" Diana laughed with relief.

"Here I am." I replied when she walks over to me. "I thought you stormed off for the party in a few hours." She says, but I really didn't want to speak with anyone right now. I give a small mumble to turning around to get my glasses.

"I'll see you Tuesday, Diana." I walk by her and she took my shoulder. "What's wrong with you?" She questioned "Nothing, I just wanted you to know I'm in a relationship— so please stay the hell away from me and learn to be professional." I remove her hand as I left the lounge room, taking my belongings with me.

I meant what I said when I told myself I am in love with Vio. I'll stand by that if she'll have me. "Eli! You ready for tonight?" Samuel came to my ears which almost caused a scoff to leave my lips.

"Yeah of course I'm ready for tonight." I sighed as I went to look at him "What's wrong?" He recognized. "Oh nothing, I'm just gonna get some rest before I leave for the party," "I'll see you there, Samuel." I pat his shoulder before I walked down the hallway leaving the school.