24.||

december 15th

«»Yuri«»

Sliding her feet into her teddy bear house slippers, Yuri checked the time on her phone. It was almost four in the morning and Dave was knocked out sleep in her bed. When he arrived almost two hours ago, he just came in and fell into Yuri's arms as she opened the door.

He silently cried into the side of her neck as she gently ran her fingers over his waves. She didn't ask any questions, she figured he'd talk about it when he was ready but she knew whatever it was had to be something serious.

Sighing, she opened the refrigerator in hopes of seeing some kind of sugar filled snack to help her sweet tooth. "Ew, these need to be dumped," she looked at the expired date on the cookies. "Ooh, cinnamon rolls!" She knew those were good because Cydney had brought them for their last movie night and they didn't get the chance to make them.

After preheating the oven and buttering her pan, she placed three cinnamon rolls in the oven and scrolled on her phone to pass time. "Tito, why are you up?" she giggled and let him out the back door to use the bathroom, watching him before he ran back in. She was so glad that he was finally potty trained, she was getting tired of cleaning up after him and he was honestly just getting too old to not know how to go potty.

Going back to her position leaning on the counter, she continued scrolling down her Instagram feed. A few minutes passed and she heard a thump from behind, making her jump and cover her chest with her hand, almost dropping her phone in the process.

"I scared you?" Dave yawned as he leaned down on the countertop.

"Yes, you did." She let out a long shaky breath after seeing it was Dave. "Did I wake you up?" She bent down in front of the oven to check the cinnamon rolls even though it had only been about ten minutes.

"Yeah cause you wasn't there when I felt around for you." He spoke honestly.

Yuri pouted and tilted her head as she looked at Dave. "Why are you so sweet when you wanna be?" She poked her lip out.

She could tell Dave wanted to speak about his earlier situation because he just kept playing with a single string that he found on the counter and looking up every few seconds.

She always knew Dave was a person who didn't like to dish his problems out onto people, but she wanted him to know she was there to listen, no matter what terms they were on at the moment.

"You okay baby," his ears perked up at the name, he hadn't heard it in a while, "I'm here if you want to talk even if you just want me to listen and not say anything
back, im here." She assured him.

He couldn't hold back the grin that tugged at the corner of his lips. He thought about it briefly before speaking, "I went to my mama house 'cause she wasn't answering the phone, she never not answer my call and if she do she call right back, that was weird as hell to me. So, boom, i get there and I see a nigga on the porch like he trying to break in or something." Dave explained the story to the best of his memory since his mind was still spinning.

"What? Really?" Yuri jumped down from her seat on the counter and opened the oven, quickly checking on the cinnamon rolls, then back to Dave with concern, "Who was it on her porch and what did they want?"

He rubbed his temples and released a deep breath as he thought over the situation. It was making him mad and felt as if he was reliving the moment but he went on and explained to Yuri what happened, he felt she deserved that since she opened her door for him.

Stopping mid chew, she covered her mouth, "So your uncle killed your dad for your mom?! No-no-no-no but your dad was having an affair and was gone set your mom up—" she stopped figuring she might have sounded a bit insensitive. "I'm sorry, but damn that is crazy."