12.||

1 week later
Dave

I walked in the shop and greeted everyone before heading back to my office. I yawned as I took a seat behind my desk and opened my laptop. I had a lot of catching up to do on inventory and sales since I hadn't been in the shops in a few days.

"Yo, yo, yo!" Ralph busted in the room holding a McDonald's bag.

"Nigga you ever heard of knocking, I told y'all about comin' in my shit being disrespectful." I mugged him as he plopped down in a chair and began eating.

"You been grumpy for a few days now, and I'm guessing it got something to do with the shorty you been sneakin' and creepin' with." He smirked as my eyebrows furrowed.

These niggas always find a way into my business.

"Yeah, you thought I ain't know huh?" He stood up to throw his trash away and stopped in front of my desk to speak. "You like her don't you? Awwww shit, I gotta tell everybody that mean ass Dave is in love!"

I shook my head in annoyance, "Nigga ain't nobody in love, and if you knew everything, you would know that I haven't even seen or talked to her in a week." I corrected.

When Yuri told me she wasn't interested in moving forward with whatever we had going on, I decided I'd give her some space. I guess we were both thinking the same thing, because she hadn't called or texted either so I just figured, it is what it is.

I was cut from my thoughts when Michelle came in the room without knocking. Ralph looked her up and down and shook his head before telling me he would see me after he finished with his client.

"You need something?" I asked since she had just sat down without a word.

She let out a dramatic sigh and threw her head back, "It's my birthday, and as my boss I thought you would at least acknowledge that."

"My bad Michelle, a lot been going on but happy birthday. How about you take the day off?" I offered.

"I don't mind being at work, it's not like I would be doing anything. Tonight I'm going out with my cousin, but I'd like for the whole shop to come as well." She smiled at me waiting for an answer.

I didn't have any plans for the night, and I kind of felt bad for not telling her happy birthday in the first place. "I'll ask everyone and see what's up."

"Okay, cool thanks D." She smirked and stood to exit the room, adding an extra sway in her hips as she walked out.

For the next couple of hours I stayed out the way, and in my office. I got caught up on all of my work, and I sorted through sales and revenue, and we were actually on a very high peak in sales. I nodded and relaxed in my seat, satisfied with the outcome of everything. Just thinking back to two years ago when I first opened the shops, I would have never imagined them doing this well.

"I guess it is a night to celebrate." I balled up the chip bag that I was eating out of, and threw it in the trash can beside my desk. I made a mental note to clean my office up this week, there were boxes everywhere, and there were a bunch of important papers I needed, but couldn't find.

"Speak of the devil." Milan turned on her heels and looked in my direction.

"Y'all was talking about me?"

"I was," she mugged me.

"I don't got time for your shit today, Lani, what's with the attitude?" I pinched the bridge of my nose, starting to feel a head ache coming on.

"There already ain't enough space in here as is, and you gone waltz up in here with that big ol' head of yours." She joked.

Everyone began laughing, hell I even laughed 'cause the shit caught me off guard, but this was typical between me and Milan.