6.||

What's y'all zodiac signs? I'm tryna see sumn, enjoy the chapter though. Kisses!
-UrbanGlitter

—-

Dave

Dave

I blew the smoke out of my nose, slowly blinking as my eyes fixated on the papers in front of me.

"Fuck this nigga man, I'm not tryna hear nothin' he gotta say to me." I tossed the papers on the floor.

It was a letter from my dad's brother, Jet, wanting me to come visit him in jail. He been in there for thirteen years, and I ain't been to see him yet, don't know what makes him think I'll come now.

I was 12 years old at the time. Walking home from school, happy knowing my pops was coming to get me. I had gotten into a fight that day at school, so they suspended me, I was scared to tell my mama so my dad said I could stay with him for that time period while they were going through some issues they were having and living separately for the time being.

Right when I got to the corner of my street, I heard shots ringing out. I instantly looked towards my house, making sure my mama was nowhere in sight. What I saw wasn't my mama, but my pops laid out. Hanging halfway out his car, body limp and lifeless, blood everywhere.

I got a glimpse at the car as it sped off, my soul sank when I realized who was behind the trigger.

Uncle Jet.

So many sleepless nights followed, but I couldn't bring myself to tell who shot my father, even when I wanted to see him hurt as much as I did, I couldn't tell on my uncle.

A few months passed, and our neighbors across the street from us at the time, had unexpectedly turned in the video footage of that night. He was behind bars within the next four days, after he tried fleeing.

I wouldn't go see him if my life depended on it. So the letters he's sending could stop because his words were falling upon deaf ears.

"I need some food," I stood up and stretched, blowing air from my cheeks.

I put the half smoked blunt out, and put the other half in an empty swisher pack, sliding it in my pocket.

I walked upstairs to the room Reina was staying in and knocked on the door. I waited a few seconds before I pushed the door open after getting no response.

"Aye." I waved my hand to get her attention since her headphones were in and turned up to the max.

Once she saw me, she paused the music and tucked her lips in.

"You hungry?"

"No."

I looked over on her dresser noticing a bag of Wingstop on it.

"Ight, I'm goin' to get some food. I'll be back in a little while, call if you need something."

She nodded her head and pressed play on her music, tuning me out once again. That's probably the most conversation I've had with her in a while, but I guess it was slowly getting there.