5.||

Yuri

"I absolutely love this place!" Yuri clasped her hands together and spun around admiring everything.

"It's all yours if you want it, just say the word." Regina, the landlord dangled the keys in the air.

"I don't know, you don't think it's too much for me? I mean, it's just me and this place has a lot of space." Yuri started to second guess.

"Speaking from a buyer's point of view, I'd have to say downsizing is always an option and it's obviously cheaper, but from a friend's point of view I would like to see you in something like this because it's definitely you, it fits you perfectly and let's not forget the pool downstairs, the gym, and the theatre." She listed off as Yuri bit her lip nodding in agreement.

"How much time do I have to make a decision on it?"

"The next viewing for this apartment is scheduled two weeks from now, and they seemed pretty bummed that someone was viewing it before them, so I think they really want it, so I'd say before then, keep in mind that these are rarely available because someone is always ready to get in one if its vacant."

Yuri nodded her head, and once they looked at everything again, and made sure everything was turned off, they left and Yuri headed back to Cydney's apartment.

"How was the spot?" Cydney scooped some ice cream out of her bowl and licked the spoon.

"It was super cute, it has a lot of space in it for just one person, but I think it's what I really want." She grabbed a spoon out of the dish rack and got a scoop of Cydney's dessert. "Mmm, this is so good."

"Yeah you should get your own." She smiled and nodded her head sarcastically. "If the place is all it's cracked up to be, then I say go for it. Stop second guessing and doubting yourself, it's time to boss up, so what if it's a lot of space. Get a lot of shit to fill the space in." She did the 'period', hand motion and took a look at her ringing phone.

"Who is that?"

"Ugh, that nigga Semaj, he been blowing me up since the kickback. Talkin' about he ain't seen me in a long time before that, where I get all this ass from?" She rolled her eyes and shook her head ignoring the call.

"He's kind of a weirdo, it was so awkward having a conversation with him." Yuri dug her spoon into her ice cream again.

"That's because he think everybody want his ass, he for everybody. Don't waste ya time. Who you do need to make time for is ol' boy I seen you outside with that night." She smirked.

"You so nosey!" Yuri slapped her hands against her thighs.

"He was staring at you when we first walked in, I knew y'all were bound to end up somewhere together before the night was over."

Yuri twisted her lips to the side and moved around a little in her chair, deciding if she wanted to tell Cydney how she really knew Dave.

"I guess." She ended the conversation there, deciding not to tell Cydney because who knows if Dave and her would even talk again. "That's probably my mama calling." Yuri jumped up and ran to the living room where she had left her phone.

"Hello?" Yuri scrunched her eyebrows at the unknown number.

"Well, hello stranger."

Yuri dropped her shoulders that were tense before, and smiled hearing her grandmother's voice.

"Hi Gammy, and I'm not a stranger, you didn't have a way for me to contact you for weeks."

"I told yo' granddaddy about this damn phone always going in and out, I just need a regular box phone like we used to have. Better yet, they need to get rid of phones and go back to sending letters in the mail."