4.||

Dave

Dave

Dave flew down the streets of his older sister's neighborhood. His hands were wrapped so tightly around the steering wheel that his knuckles were turning white. The only thing going through his mind right now, was getting his hands on Roland.

"Please slow down." Reina grabbed the handle that was hanging above her head with her right hand, and clenched the arm rest with the other.

But that went in one ear and out of the other with Dave. He wasn't trying to hear any of that, he was beyond livid.

Pumping the brakes on his midnight blue, 2019 Chevrolet Camaro, Dave quickly hopped out with Reina hot on his heels.

"Open the door." He demanded.

Shaking, Reina inserted the key into the door knob and slowly pushed it open. She looked around the house hesitantly, as Dave pushed past her running up the steps.

"Amelia!" He pushed the first door open, seeing no one. "Roland! Get y'all asses out here! Hello?!"

"Uncle Dave, their car isn't here." Reina sat her key down on the coffee table. "They were here when we left, but I guess they had something to do."

"Nah, you know exactly what they had to do." He looked over at Reina running his tongue over his bottom lip, his nostrils were flared, he was beyond pissed.

"They're at Roland's friend's house...they go there and gamble on Fridays."

"And where is his house?"

"I don't know, I've never been, they just leave every Friday around six and they come back super late—like the next morning sometimes." She spoke truthfully.

Reina and her mom had always had a bad relationship, her mom always told her that a hard head makes a soft ass, and Reina always abided by her rules. That just wasn't enough for Amelia, it's like she didn't care that she had a kid, running behind men was how she got what she needed, and no kid was gonna stop her from getting hers. Any man that would come around, was put on a pedestal, Amelia waited on them hand and foot, barely ever paying any attention to Reina. All she cared about was Reina being obedient to her wishes, getting good grades, and most importantly, keeping her mouth shut about her mother's business.

What goes on in this house, stays in this house, were the words often drilled into Reina's head since she could remember.

"Get you some clothes, get enough for a while. We'll come back for the rest later."

"But uncle Dave I can't just leave, she'll wonder where I'm at. Then she's gonna report me missing and—"

"Get ya stuff and let's go. Or we can wait here until they get back, the choice is yours." Dave plopped down on the couch and turned on the television.

Reina stood there staring at the back of Dave's head, she debated on going to pack, or just trying to force Dave to leave, but she knew that wasn't going to be easy. Hearing two car doors shut, she mentally sent every curse word she knew to her teacher, Yuri, for involving herself.