2.||

One month later
•Yuri•

"As of today, we will be taking a bit of a shift in the way we do things," Yuri fiddled around in her seat as she listened to the head principal speak, "As some of you may have heard, I'm stepping down from my position." Gasps were heard around the room, but no one dared to speak.

A mandatory meeting was called in the middle of the work day, and Yuri was beyond irritated to say the least. She worked at a middle school that was just a few miles from her and Devin's home, but now since she's moved with Cydney, it's a bit more of a distance.

Teaching was always Yuri's passion, her mother was a teacher when she was younger, and she always wanted to follow in those footsteps, because she knew how much of an impact a teacher made. In college, she excelled through every course there was involving becoming a teacher. She knew the child's mind like the back of her hand, and she enjoyed every second of it, especially her students.

"Obviously with me stepping down, means there is someone knew coming in, and I'd like to personally introduce to you all, my dear friend, Mr. Calvin Dubois." Hushed murmurs and a few compliments about his looks were heard as he stepped up to the podium.

"Thank you Mr. Lancaster," he pulled the former head principle into a hug and sent a few friendly pats to his back before letting go.

His eyes scanned the room before his lips parted to speak. "When I heard Mr. Lancaster was stepping down from this position, I automatically thought, oh man I better jump on this, for one because this was my middle school as a little boy and I can honestly say the teachers here made me want to learn, and for two, this is one of the highest scoring middle schools in the district, with outstanding students and staff, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to jump on board to do anything I can to help this school exceed in going all the way to the top."

"Why is he talking like this is a basketball team or something?" Yuri's co-worker, Monet turned to her with knitted eyebrows.

Yuri displayed a small shrugged and let out a giggle, as she tried to focus on what Mr. Dubois was saying, but the truth is, she couldn't concentrate because she didn't care. Yuri stared at the clock that seemed as if the hands were moving backwards, her stomach growled and she instantly regretted not eating her lunch.

"...so there will be some changes, and some moving around we have to do, but don't be discouraged. And please talk to me if you need to, I'm a nice guy I promise." He finished up his rambling and took his seat behind the podium.

About twenty minutes had passed and everyone was getting anxious to leave, since it was a half day, there were no more classes or students, only those that were in after school activities, like sports or those that needed to stay back for extra help.

The meeting was dismissed, but not before Mr. Dubois had a word with a few of the teachers. He hand picked some of the teachers he wanted to stay back and talk with, and luckily, Yuri didn't sit in the front row because those are the teachers he asked to stay behind.

She grabbed a banana nut muffin off of the refreshments table, and casually slipped out the door, making her way to her classroom. Yuri taught an eighth grade class, and although they were the oldest in the school, the students in her class were her babies. She loved each of them, and they loved her back, it was a mutual respect. Yuri was grateful that she never received one of the classes that people rave over, where the students are disrespectful and don't do any work, basically making the teacher's life hell.

A knock was heard on her door as she went around her room tidying up any thing that was out of place, or left over trash.

"Come in." She called out, looking at the door waiting for whoever was on the other side to enter.