Chapter VIII: Meet Spec Ops

It had been what seemed like a long walk, and they still had a while before they reached the church. As they proceeded, they saw a now undead woman walking towards them. As Alice aimed one of her guns at the infected woman and prepared to fire, a gunshot rang out, and the undead woman in the short green dress collapsed. Several figures emerged from behind a nearby alley. They were all wearing RCPD equipment, and were clearly with special forces, as Chris and the others were. Chris kept his weapon lowered for now, “who are you?” he asked, keeping a very calm composure. The man who had short blond hair, with the mohawk-style part of his hair going through the center spoke. “I’m Dee-Ay, but my real name is Crispin Jettingham. That’s Willow, and Harley. RCPD special forces.” He replied, his voice being on the lower pitch, but small hints of high pitch. “Chris Redfield, and this is Alice.” Chris replied in a slightly serious tone of voice. The black-haired girl named Willow raised her brows at the mention of the name Chris Redfield. “Wait, the same Chris Redfield who was suspended? Shit, I knew they were hiding something when they did that to you guys.” She said, showing hints of anger in her expression, anger at her superiors for keeping such a secret of the incident at the Spencer Estate. Harley remained silent throughout the conversation. Alice raised her eyebrows at the revelation, “so, your chief knew about what happened at the mansion? Yet he discredited you, suspended you, and covered it up? He knew this would happen eventually, but if he’d acted in the appropriate manner, he could’ve prevented some of these deaths here.” She said, some anger in her tone and her expression. Crispin seemed shocked at the revelation too, but seemed to keep a steadier face. They were going to different places, Chris and Alice were headed to Raven’s Gate church, whilst Crispin and his friends were headed towards the Raccoon City Police Department, the main building in the downtown area. “We’d better get going. It was good to see others. Here, keep these earpieces, for communications with your friends you find out there, and us. We’ll keep in touch guys, good luck.” He said, as they went their separate direction. “You too.” Chris replied, nervous about separating what would’ve been a good group, but reluctantly allowed it. Alice gave a brief talk to help raise his spirits, after which they continued towards the church.