Chapter IX: Lost Child of the Ashfords

He and Terri were searching in the gym now, as Elizabeth and L.J. were searching the upper levels of the school. He was growing more uncomfortable searching this school, as no one had come out, survivor or otherwise, but somehow, he kept his calm and composure. Terri stayed close, as she hadn’t had experience with a gun before, even though she did currently have one, thanks to Jill, who’d reunited with them, and told them that her other surviving friends were already searching around the school for Angela. Chris kept his rifle aimed at head level, just in case of any surprises. Suddenly a scream pierced the air and silence, “HELP ME!!, and Chris immediately recognized it as L.J., so he, Terri, and Jill rushed off to where his scream came from. They arrived outside a room, the door was open. “L.J.?” Jill quietly called out. However, she saw a trail of blood when she looked at the ground, like someone had been dragged inside. Terri gulped, “I have a bad feeling about this.” She said quietly. Chris nodded in agreement, as did Jill, then they moved forward, Terri in between them, and their guns raised. Jill was in front of Terri, when she heard the voice of a young British girl. “You can’t help him.” The voice said, as Jill raised her gun, slightly jumping at the sudden sound of the voice. The young girl emerged from her hiding place, behind the teacher’s desk, “not now.” She continued in a cautioning tone. Jill lowered her gun, “are you Angela?” she asked, narrowing her eyes slightly. The girl replied “yes. We should hurry, before they come back.”. Terri found her camera, which she had given to L.J. to record whatever he could find, though it seemed it’d be useless to him now, seeing as he was eaten by a bunch of zombified children. She picked it up, and handed it to the little girl, “here, hold this.” She said kindly to the girl. They left the room not long after, and the girl gave them her nickname, Angie. Jill stated it was a grown-up name for a little girl, to which Angie replied she wasn’t little, and Jill complimented her about her name. After that, Jill was attacked by a zombified dog, but was saved by a former Umbrella employee before it could actually bite or scratch her. She had shot the dog whilst it was in mid-air, afterwards she had introduced herself. “Lucy Higgens, I used to work for the Umbrella Corporation, until I discovered what they were up to behind the scenes.” She stated firmly. Chris felt the woman to be trustworthy though, “in any case, thanks.” He stated, giving a nod. The woman nodded back and asked if the girl they had with them was Angela Ashford, and Jill replied it was. Lucy then told them that she and Dr. Ashford were old friends, and Angie confirmed this, and so Lucy said she would protect Angie, whilst the others kept a lookout for Umbrella troops and the undead. Later, a man named Carlos Oliveira had introduced himself, he’d been waiting for the others to emerge. He also revealed to Jill that their other friend Nikolai had secretly been working for Umbrella, and thus he had betrayed them. Carlos had killed Nikolai in order to prevent Umbrella from discovering their location and taking Angela. Chris was a bit unsettled by the thought of their enemies being all around them, and so remained on high guard after that. Soon, they had left the school, reunited with Alice after her battle with Nemesis about an hour or so ago, and they ventured to the City hall for evacuation.