16- Telling Zelda

Link's pov

We got to the castle and very anxiously made our way to the throne room where Zelda is. We walked extra slow to stall telling Zelda. It worked but the problem is it's longer anxiety but we didn't care.

We eventually made it and Zelda spoke up.
"Oh hey link! Long time no see! How have you been and why is the Zora prince with you?"

Sidon surprisingly spoke up before me, "Zelda, please don't use the formalities just Sidon please?"

"Oh ok. Will do Sidon!"

I decided to speak up about why we're here. "Zelda, we came to tell you something. I know you won't like it but it is what it is and you can't really do anything about it."

"What? What is it link?"

"Uhh... me and Sidon are dating." I said very quietly and avoiding eye contact.

Zelda just sat there surprised and silent. It took her a minute to recover from the surprise and the spoke, "Link! What?! HES A MALE FISH. WHY HIM?!"

I unintentionally responded so calmly, "I love him for who he is. Not what he is. That's how love should work. If not you're simply doing it wrong."

Sidon seemed baffled at that, "Link! Very poetic! You know that's my job though, it's impressive so I can't be mad."

"You two are very cute together. I hate that I think that but I honestly do," Zelda said recovered from surprise and anger, "Link, Sidon, I'm sorry I yelled. You two deserve to live happy lives. Just keep me a part of it please?"

"Will do!" Me and Sidon said in perfect sync.

"Well, see you soon Zelda!" I said as we left.

"See you around! Also, let me know when the wedding is please!" Zelda said making me and Sidon giggle a bit.

"Ok!" Sidon said while still laughing.

We left the castle and talked about how that went well. We were genuinely surprised that it ended well.
———————————————————————

I don't know what to put here so just tell in the comments or something :)