Prologue

3rd POV Eyes closed against the sunlight, absorbing its rays

3rd POV
Eyes closed against the sunlight, absorbing its rays. Long, dark hair frames alabaster skin. She's a vulnerable introverted, imperfect.

The girl is Isabella Marie Swan or just Bella.

Bella is 5'4 tall and has very translucent, pale complexion. She has thin, long, frizzy brown hair, with a wide forehead, with a widow's peak. Her eyes are a muddy brown and widely spaced. She has a small, thin nose, prominent cheekbones, thin lips for her slim jawline, and thin eyebrows that are straighter than they are arched. Her fingernails are stubby from being bitten down.

Bella stands at the end of a cul-de-sac on the desert's edge. The sun blazes behind her she bends down and incorrectly scoops a tiny barrel cactus into a clay pot. Ensuring it's short future. She stares at the cactus in a state of reverie, until "Bye, Bella!" The girl in question looks up and sees three tanned, athletic, blonde girls hop into a convertible Mercedes. Their flawless, bought-and-paid for beauty contrasts with Bella's plain and unattractive pale naturalness.

"Good luck at your new school!" "Yeah! And take care of your daughter!" "Mia is such a sweetheart!" They continue their superficial good wishes, to Bella "Don't forget to write;" "We'll miss you." And their genuine felicitations towards her daughter who is no where in sight. Bella waves back, sweetly, but halfheartedly as she tries to pretend that she's not jealous by the attention that her daughter gets.

Bella steps off the curb "Have a good.." Bella cuts herself off by tripping. When she rights herself, they're gone "... life."

Clearly, not close friends. Bella's immature, and bitch demeanor prevents that. Suddenly the front door to Bella's house swings open and Bella's mother, Renee Dwyer, appears.

Renée and Bella look alike in their features. She has medium length brown hair, innocent, childish blue eyes and a round face full of laugh lines. Her height is around 5'4 ft. She has a pointy chin and thin lips. She is also sometimes mistaken to be Bella's older sister. Renee is currently in her mid 30's.

Renee exits their house and approaches Bella. It's
low rent for this ritzy neighborhood. Rene is eclectic, scattered, anxious, more best friend than parent to Bella. Her only real friend for that matter as they have matching personality and fashion taste. She thrusts a cell phone at Bella "It won't work again, baby!" Renee whines with a pout "You put it on hold" Bella states "I did?" Renee asks making Bella nod "Look. You also called Mexico" Renee pushes her playfully, they laugh.

"I'll figure it out. You gotta be able to reach me and Phil on the road - I love saying that - on the road!" Renee sighs dreamily "Very romantic" Bella chuckles. That's when Phil, Renee's husband and Bella's stepfather, exits the house.

Phil, a 31 white male, is bald, and has blue eyes and is around 6 feet tall. He has a small goatee and is overall good looking with an athlete's body.

Phil is carrying Bella's three suitcases and a baby car seat with ease as he exits the house "If you call crappy motels, backwater towns and ballpark hot dogs romantic" he jokes before setting the luggage down. He turns around and puts his Phoenix Desert Dogs baseball hat on Rene's head with a kiss. Phil's love of Rene reassures Bella. Phil heads to the old station wagon to load the luggage, while Renee slips her arm through Bella's, clinging to her as they walk to car.

"Now, you know if you change your mind, I'll race back here from wherever the game is" Renee says to Bella, but Rene's strained expression tells us what a great sacrifice that would be. Bella forces a smile and says "I won't change my mind, mom" to which Renee argues "You might. You've always hated Forks" and Bella counters "It's not about Forks, it's about Charlie. I mean, two weeks a year, we barely know each other. Plus he's been bugging me about meeting it" their attention is drawn to the car seat that sits on the sandy ground.

There lies Bella's two year old daughter, Mia Zoe Swan. She has fair, ivory skin that looks soft to the touch and her chin length hair is straight, and dark brown-almost black. Her electric blue eyes are wide and curious as they look up at the car in amazement having never been in one nor been close to one. Mia is currently 28.5 inches tall and weighs no more than 20 lbs. She's very small and malnourished from neglect from her mother and grandmother. Her sickness doesn't distract from her beauty however, perhaps that's what makes Bella so jealous of her daughter.

They both scowl at the toddler in disgust before turning away and going back to their conversation and ignoring Mia, as if she's nothing more than dog shit that they accidentally stepped in.

Renee gives Bella a worried look "Mom, I want to go. I'll be fine" but as Renee hugs Bella, we see the truth on Bella's face dread, doubt, regret. Bella, struggles to keep her facade up as she climbs into the back seat of the car where Phil gingerly buckles up Mia earning a disgusted scowl from Bella who scoffs and jams her earbuds in.

Phil frowns at both Renee and Bella's behavior towards the darling girl. He says nothing however as learning that if he does will only earn Mia a punishment. He strokes Mia's cheek lovingly before climbing into the driver's seat.

While Bella listen to music with her IPOD earbuds in her ears and writes in her diary. Mia gets a first and last glimpse of the sparkling malls, chic shoppers, manicured cactus gardens that reside in Phoenix, Arizona

The scenery changes and Mia looks around the airport in wonder. All the while not making a peep. Renee and Bella exchange tearful goodbyes

Bella boards the plane with Mia in tow and sits down in her seat. Thanks to being with child she gets a whole row to herself..... and Mia. 'The only good thing about this brat' Bella thinks before jamming her earbuds and reading her beat up copy of '50 shades of Gray'.

Mia watched as the McMansions get smaller as we rise above the scorched landscape, baking under a hot sun. Beyond the housing developments see the rocky, dry desert, extending for miles.Rise higher, and higher still, until finally we're suspended within the bright, perfect, blue sky, with only an occasional cloud.

Slowly, the clouds start getting more numerous, thicker, darker until we're completely immersed in them. The sun disappears. Finally, we emerge from the clouds to find below nothing but deep, dark, green forests for miles. Finding the eerily dramatic Lake Crescent. Over it all hangs the mist from the ever-present cloudy grey sky. Everything is wet and green and drenched in shade.

Mia is amazed by the beautiful scenery that's she's never seen before while Bella snores obnoxiously loud and mutters out explicit details about her dream earning uncomfortable and disgusted looks from the passengers around her.

They're thankfully given relief when a flight attendant wakes Bella up and informs her that they've landed.