Chapter 1: Papa?

3rd POV Bella begrudgingly grabs Mia's car seat that the flight attendant realizes was unbuckled during the entire flight

3rd POV
Bella begrudgingly grabs Mia's car seat that the flight attendant realizes was unbuckled during the entire flight.

Bella stomps off the plane with Mia in tow. She first heads to the baggage claim and grabs her suitcases before heading towards the exit.

Once outside, Bella looks around before her eyes land on her father, Charlie Swan. Charlie is still clad in his uniform and stands in front of his cruiser holding up a sign that reads "Isabella and Mia Swan!"

Charlie has a mustache and curly brown hair. He stands about 6'0 ft tall and has an average build.

Bella cringes at the full use of her name before storming over.Bella dumps her bags and Mia at his feet "Hey Charlie" she says before immediately climbing into the car.

Charlie's POV
I shrugged off Bella's behavior as jet lag and kneeled down to look at my granddaughter.

She stares up at me with wide eyes giving her an innocent and angelic look. 'She's so tiny....you would think she's only 6months to a year old' I think as my face softens and I whisper "Hi, baby, I'm your grandpa Charlie" she peers up at me curiously but flinches back when Bella abruptly starts honking the horn "C'mon! Let's go!" Bella snaps out making Mia recoils at the sound of her mother's voice.

Seeing this I can't help but frown 'Why does Bella's voice scare her so much?' I shrug it off and load Mia and Bella's suitcases into the car. Once I'm sure that Mia is safely secure, I climb into the driver's side and drive us home.

Bella looks out, taking in her gloomy new surroundings as she sits next to me. We're both taciturn and introverted. Which is why it was such a surprise to find out that Bella was pregnant as I had thought that she didn't care for boys yet. Still, I was overjoyed by the news of the little miracle known as Mia.

I know that our strained silence contrasts Bella's relationship with her mother. So I decided to try and break the ice and hopefully bond with my estranged daughter "Your hair's longer" Bella fiddles with a lock of her hair as she says "I cut it since last time I saw you" "Oh.....Guess it grew out again" She just nods. Silence.

I decided to try again "How's your mom?" I asked "Good" I nodded and peer at Mia through the review mirror "Mia's a little angel for ya. Hasn't made a noise. Did she get her eyes from-" I'm cut off by Bella snapping at me "Can you please, shut up? Thanks" Bella jams her earbuds in as I stare at her, appalled. More silence. Yikes.

We pass a SIGN: The City Of Forks Welcomes You - Pop. 3246. Bella sighs.

As the cruiser drives through, Bella takes in this logging town every storefront has a wood carving. The Timber Museum's sign is two loggers sawing a stump. The police station is a small wooden building across from City Hall.

I eventually pull up to the old two-story house. A woodshed full of firewood. There's a small boat in the garage, fishing gear, an old buoy. Bella climbs out... we're home.