𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐈 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟.

I want this chapter to be as relatable as possible. I don't want this to just be a fanfic where everything is fake and unrealistic. I want me and other people to be able to relate to the events in this fanfic.

I hope you guys understand some of the things in this chapter.

Marcy stared into the mirror at her reflection. She, Sasha, and Anne were all going out to eat together. And Sasha and Anne were both planning on wearing something nice, Marcy didn't want to be the only one wearing something boring.

Marcy feels a little insecure about wearing such outfits since all she wears is hoodies and skirts. She didn't want any outfits she wore to make her insecurities visible. She looked down at the emerald green dress and she hated it. She can't help but pick apart every single flaw she sees and just feels worse the longer she stands in front of the mirror. Don't get me wrong, the dress was beautiful. But Marcy just felt like it lost its beauty once she put it on. 

This is how it looked.

Pretty right?

It just didn't look good on Marcy.

'Ew, I look disgusting. I hate the way I look. I don't even know how Anne and Sasha could be bothered with me. Both of them are beautiful, they catch everyone's eye. But me? I'm just an embarrassment to them. I hate everything about myself. I hate how I'm skinny but I have a chubby baby belly. I hate having my cheeks pinched. I hate when people call me baby face. I don't want chubby cheeks, I want a nice slim face and sharp jawline like Sasha and Anne, I can't help but envy them a bit for it. Normally, if i talked to my father about this kind of stuff he'd say something like, you're 13, you don't need to worry about how you look right now. And if i spoke to my mother about it, she'd say something like, don't worry about what other people think, or you're beautiful, don't let anyone tell you different.'

'Telling me I'm pretty isn't gong to magically make all my insecurities go away.'

'And it's not about what other people think, it's about what I think.'

Marcy's thoughts were interrupted when she heard a loud ring coming from her phone. She quickly ran over to her phone to answer the call she was getting. Once she answered the call, she was met with loud yelling in her ear.

"Marbles hurry! We've been waiting for about ten minutes at the restaurant!" Anne shouted on the other side of the line.

"WEH! i'm so sorry guys! I didn't even realize that I kept you waiting for that long!" Marcy responded.

"I'll be there in a few!" 

Marcy then hung up the phone and grabbed a light green flower headband and placed it on top of her head. She then grabbed her purse and ran out of her room. Once she got downstairs she ran out of the front door and got into the cab waiting outside for her.