Chapter 8

The meme we of VILE were in their base discussing the card that the found.

Maelstrom: So, do tell us, Dr Bellum, who in the world is this Y/n, L/n?

Bellum: Formerly an inspector of Interpol. Any current assignment is completely unknown. L/n was quietly transferred from his department in Poitiers, France, nearly six month ago.

Cleo: Poitiers? Where I keep a residence?

Maelstrom: The very residence looted by Carmen Sandiego nearly six months ago. Coincidence?

Grunt: L/n was there that night. Black sheep delivered Crackle to him on the train to Paris, wrapped up all pretty with a bow.

Cleo: This L/n also barged into my Swiss Chateau during a dinner party, distracting me long enough to allow Carmen Sandiego to make her escape with my precious stolen Vermeer painting in tow. And to think I had suspected the charming duke of being her inside man.

Maelstrom: Then it seems that we have discerned a pattern, one which explains how Carmen Sandiego has repeatedly fouled out plans with such a high rate of success.

Bellum: She isn't working alone.

Grunt: Sounds to me like we have ourselves a plan B, as in "bait."

Cleo: Catch Y/n, L/n and we finally catch the  elusive Carmen Sandiego.

Maelstrom: We're calling back Agent Krugen and we'll put Paper Star on the case. She led us to ACME, after all.

Shadowsan: This is not child's play. We do not know if Black sheep has partnered with a rogue policeman or a high-level law enforcement agency.

Maelstrom: Then whom would you suggest we send, Shadowsan?

Shadowsan: I will go.

Next scene.

Chief: Agent L/n, you are not taking things in your hands right now! Somehow Carmen was somehow able to slip past you every chance she gets. I see you're doing your best but your best isn't enough right now! Now please tell you still have your communicator pen in your possession.

Y/n: Uh, yes, chief.

Chief: Now stand still.

Some sort of bot came over them.

Chief: ACME's virtual tailor. You've both been fitted for regulation suits. By the way, fine work securing the Magna Carta, Agent L/n. Saving the symbol of democracy. I could see that you're not totally off your game!

After that, he walked out the room with Julia.

Y/n: Thanks for all your hard work Ms.Argent. I say that this Carmen Sandiego is one slippery roo but I can't change my mind off of her.

Julia: As always, it's my pleasure to work as your partner.

Y/n: I hope you're not referring to Le femme Rogue as your silent partner. We still don't have enough proof to show that she is working against Vile.

Julia: I personally think that Carmen Sandiego isn't working for VILE to begin with. She doesn't seem to be in cahoot with them. She just leaving it there for us to find. She returned stolen Vermeer to museums and ten-million-dollar postage stamps to children's charities.

Y/n: Let it be clear that it was I was gotten the stamp and the Magna Carta. So I'm not so sure about that. And stealing things only to return them makes absolutely no sense.

Julia: I agree, which is why I do not believe she's steaming these things to begin with.

Y/n: Alright then, what I see is that she is returning stolen things so she could make herself look like some hero and the police force to look like imbeciles. That's a high guess.