Chapter 4

Y/n always wondered what it would be like to live with one of his parents and how they would have approved to see him fighting crimes like this. If VILE does even exist, he doesn't know if he would have the strength to take all of them down like that. Maybe, he would have to work on his fighting skills and how he would be able to call backups. Magnus was the one that came to him.

Magnus: Sir, we've got some more info on Carmen Sandiego.

Y/n: I would like to see them. Tell me what are they like.

Magnus: I don't know how to say this but it looks like she is wearing a disguise and me she is calling herself "The Duchess"

Y/n: She's a super thief and a master of disguise. Why am I not surprise? What is she going after now?

Magnus: Well it appears that she is going after some painting for some reason.

Y/n: Good to see that she is going after something that worth so much. Certainly, she would steal something that is worth million. Something about these painting are quite interesting, how they were drawn. We will catch our thief really soon.

Carmen Sandiego.

Carmen: Blue isn't really my color. But I must admit, I've never stolen anything that luminous.

Player: Enjoy it while you can, red. You have an whole hour before you need to get back into character.

Carmen: Right, let her the crew up to speed. Zack! Ivy.

Zack came into the room wearing an eyepatch making some pirate noises.

Zack:Avast, me mateys!Arrrhh!

Ivy was also wearing the wing that Ivy wore.

Carmen: Those aren't toys, people. They're my disguise. Now pay attention. Here's what we know. Player's  decryption of the VILE hard drive that revealed details of an intricate ongoing operation. VILE operatives have been going quietly stealing paintings by the artist Vermeer from museums all over the world and replacing the originals with amazingly accurate  forgeries.

Ivy: What? Why would they bother leaving fakes behind?

Carmen: To ensure museum security would never realize has been stolen to begin with, which would allow the entirety of  Vermeer's collected works to slowly and steadily be amassed by Bile mastermind countess Cleo.

Zack: What the big whoop about these painting anyways? No car, no clown, no dog playing pokers.

Ivy: And she's reading. Snore.

Ivy leaves.

Player: You aren't the only one who thought that. But after some research, I began to see things in a different light. The Netherlands isn't only know for its tulips, windmills, and wooden shoes. It's famous for its painters and the Dutch golden age of the 1600s, Vermeer among them.

Carmen: The ordinary of the people weren't the stars of the show. That would the mind boggling way Vermeer captured natural light with his paintbrush. Only 34 painting by the maestro exist. Not a whole lot for the major artist. That makes each one an extremely rare and valuable treasure.

Player: Which is why we freaked when we learned that there is only one last Vermeer left for Cleo to steal, from the Rijksmuseum Amsterdam, capital of the Netherlands.

Carmen: So I had to act fast and got to it first. And made my escape through one of Amsterdam's 165 canals, masquerading  as the duchess. "Woman in blue reading a letter" is our only shit at stealing back the other 33. We need Cleo to take the bait so that we can push for a direct face-to-face in hopes to where she is keeping the rest.