Part 17

Zari, determined to uncover the truth, shared the latest update with Y/n.

Zari: The local authorities managed to apprehend the suspect less than an hour ago. They found him in possession of an exact replica of the trunk Carmen Sandiego used to smuggle the stolen masks. However, instead of the real masks, his trunk was filled with a collection of souvenir masks. Classic Carmen Sandiego move, using distractions to throw us off.

Y/n, considering all possibilities, suggested that it might be a mere coincidence.

Y/n: Perhaps it's just a coincidence.

Zari, confident in her assessment, explained her reasoning.

Zari: No, it's clear that he was intentionally creating a diversion to allow Carmen Sandiego to escape with the real masks. Thankfully, your intervention prevented her from executing her plan successfully.

Y/n, acknowledging his role, responded humbly.

Y/n: I was just trying to entertain all possible angles.

Zari, appreciating Y/n's dedication, encouraged him.

Zari: Keep entertaining those angles, L/n. While you do that, I'll be in here, interrogating our...

As Zari opened the door to the questioning room, her expression turned to surprise and confusion.

Zari: Suspect? Where is he?

Y/n, recognizing the familiar scenario, speculated on the situation.

Y/n: The scenario seems all too familiar. I'm guessing the prisoner has been released without any explanation, and you'll find the paperwork perfectly in order. Yet, there will be no clear chain of command to trace.

The mystery deepened as it appeared that someone had orchestrated the suspect's release, leaving behind a trail of confusion and unanswered questions.

Carmen and her loyal companions found themselves traversing the bustling streets of London aboard a double-decker bus. As they passed through the vibrant Piccadilly Circus, Zack couldn't help but express his observation.

Zack: It's strange, I haven't seen a single clown here in Piccadilly Circus.

Ivy, amused by Zack's remark, corrected him with a smirk.

Ivy: Wrong kind of circus, bro. Piccadilly Circus is London's famous traffic hub, not the kind with clowns and acrobats.

Zack, realizing his mistake, chuckled at his own misinterpretation.

Zack: I guess I'm on the wrong side of the road, then.

As the bus carried them closer to their destination, Carmen's mind was occupied with thoughts and clues. Suddenly, she spoke, her words carrying a cryptic tone.

Carmen: "Of the raven leave the tower, kingdom will fall."

Shadowsan, known for his succinct and straightforward communication, found Carmen's poetic statement unusual for VILE's encrypted chatter.

Shadowsan: It is atypically poetic for VILE's encrypted chatter.

Just as the enigmatic exchange unfolded, Player's voice broke through their earpieces, providing valuable insights and historical context.

Player: That line is part of the lore surrounding the Tower of London,the impenetrable castle situated along the banks of the River Thames. It was constructed back in 1078 and has served as both a fortress prison and a residence for England's royal families throughout history. Ravens, a significant symbol of the Tower, have long been associated with it.