Part 19

Julia, a renowned professor, stood confidently in the grand hall of an esteemed academy. A crowd of eager listeners had gathered, their attention focused on her as she prepared to enlighten them about the wonders of the ancient Greek language.

Julia: "When we think of Ancient Greek, our minds often conjure images of the great poet Homer and his epic works, the Iliad and the Odyssey. However, the roots of the Greek language run even deeper."

As Julia passionately began her lecture, her eyes scanned the room, ensuring she had captivated her audience. In the midst of the sea of faces, she caught a glimpse of Y/n, who attempted to conceal his presence by pretending to be engrossed in a book, though his eyes betrayed his curiosity.

Julia's voice carried with confidence as she continued to educate the crowd.

Julia: "For instance, Mycenaean Greek, inscribed on clay tablets in the 13th century BCE, reveals a rich linguistic heritage that predates even the works of Homer."

Transitioning to the next scene, Y/n, intrigued by Julia's knowledge, discreetly followed her, careful to remain unnoticed. He skillfully maneuvered through the surroundings, keeping his distance while attempting to stay hidden. However, to his surprise, Julia suddenly turned, her gaze piercing through the facade he had tried to create.

Julia: "Agent L/n."

Caught off guard, Y/n's attempt at a nonchalant response was met with Julia's discerning gaze, as she raised an eyebrow, unamused by his presence.

Y/n: "Miss Argent, what a delightful coincidence."

Julia's expression remained stoic, her tone laced with a hint of skepticism.

Julia: "Is it truly a coincidence?"

Y/n couldn't help but chuckle slightly at the irony of their encounter.

In the subsequent scene, Julia and Y/n found themselves inside a quiet office, the air charged with a mixture of intrigue and tension.

Julia: "To what do I owe the pleasure of this unexpected visit? A newfound interest in facts and the mundane world?"

Y/n's chuckle became more pronounced as he eased into the conversation.

Y/n: "Miss Argent, or should I say, Julia, ever since you resigned from ACME, my perspective on things has shifted. I see the world differently now, or at least how you might see it, albeit with less clarity. It all began in Venice, Italy, during a case where I was assigned a new partner..."

Julia's stern expression interrupted his narrative, reminding him of the boundaries they should respect.

Julia: "Agent L/n, I don't believe it's wise for you to divulge classified ACME information."

Y/n's plea for assistance in understanding Carmen's motives persisted.

Y/n: "But I need your help. I want to better assist Carmen. Is she truly a villain, or could there be more to her story?"

Julia's reaction revealed the complexity of the situation, as she contemplated her response.

Julia: "That is a question with no simple answer. Perhaps we could discuss it further over lunch."

With a subtle gesture, Julia opened the office door, inviting Y/n to follow her.

Y/n: "Perfect, I'm famished. I hope they have some delectable jerk chicken with rice and peas, or at the very least, some mouthwatering croissants."

As they stepped out into the hallway, Y/n's anticipation grew, while Julia maintained a composed demeanor.

Julia: "Next Friday at noon. However, I have three important seminars to prepare for right now."