Prologue: A New Beginning

The situation went from bad to worse. Not only were they separated from the group, Bell and Artemis were now on their own to deal with Antares as it descended before them.

Bell: DAMN IT!!!

He threw the spear aside and ran at the monster.

Artemis: Orion!!!

Bell: YOU!!! DAMN!!! BASTARD!!!

*Slash* *Slash* *Slash*

He jumped to its chest and struck it repeatedly with the Hestia Knife, but it didn't even leave a scratch on it. Bell was then knocked off by one of its arms and hit the ground hard.

Bell: *Getting up* I... I won't give up...

He got back on his feet and charged once more.

Bell: I promised to protect you!!!

He ran and dodged another strike aimed at him before stabbing the monster in one of its arms.

Bell: <Firebolt>

The spell caused part of the pincers to explode, but it regenerated as quickly as it was destroyed. It aimed another attack at Bell which he dodged, but the force knocked him back to the ground. After he landed, Antares opened its chest to fire a beam at the downed boy which Artemis saw.

Artemis: (NO!!!)

She ran to him and aimed to use the remaining powers she had to protect him. However, the goddess was stunned to see another individual in front of the both of them. With one hand, he made a barrier to protect the both of them. Bell lifted his head and was in awe when he saw the person there. He was clearly a boy with blonde hair, but looked slightly older than him. He turned around, still blocking the attack, and two pairs of red eyes met.

???: Is this what you want?

Neither could muster an answer causing him to sigh and elaborate.

???: Making him kill you for the greater good. Is that really what you want, Lady Artemis?

The goddess was confused. What did her opinion matter if the Lower World would be destroyed.

Artemis: This is the way it has to be. There is no other way to defeat Antares and save the world.

The attack finally subsided and the boy faced them. Just as the monster roared, three more people jumped down towards them. Bell and Artemis were on guard as the boy turned to them. Two were half-elf girls judging by their ears. One was a brunette and the other had a patch of snow white hair. The other was a black haired boy with clothing that clearly showed he was from the Far East.

???: I can handle this. Masako, lead them to distract it.

The other boy, nodded.

Masako: Let's go.

The girls nodded and the three went to attack while Artemis cried out.

Artemis: No, don't!!! You can't fight that thing!!!

She was shut up when she saw one of the girls kick the monster and force it back several paces. When Antares went to try and beat it with one of its arms, she easily caught it and tore the arm off. It wailed in pain before quickly regrowing it.

???: They can handle it. Now, back to our discussion. We can help save the world like you wanted as well as save you like he wanted.

He gestured to Bell who was getting up again.

???: You still have to deal the finishing blow with that spear, but you can save that for after we get her out of that thing.

Artemis: Get me out?! You children won't be able to do that!!! That monster has the powers of a god, so only another would be able to do that.