Chapter 6: Plight of the Trickster Familia

As the prum fell, defeated, time had nearly stopped for the Loki Familia. However, one of them was ready before Revis could deal the killing blow. Raul grabbed Finn and rallied the others to regroup.

Raul: Follow me!

He led the others down the pitfalls to escape to somewhere safe and try to heal Finn. The doors slamming and closing everywhere had slammed shut, separating everyone. Now, the Loki Familia's major flaw was exposed for all of Evilus to exploit. At least, they thought it was.

Raul, Aki and their group had found a corridor to defend while they tried to get Finn back on his feet. Unfortunately that wasn't the case for the prum.

Raul: I don't get it! The potions won't work!

Aki: That sword the woman was using had to have been cursed. No doubt they have a high level hexer in their ranks.

As they worried about their next move, Xena and Owen had their own private conversation a bit further down as they guarded one side.

Xena: You're not gonna help him?

Owen: *Shaking his head* I wish, but that would alter the timeline more. It might hurt us more than it would help later down the line.

Xena: Oh well. We'll just have to cover their backs until they all regroup. No doubt Lanette will be on their asses about this once we're done here.

Owen: Yeah, but it's for their own good. Uncle Finn has always regretted how poorly they dealt with situations that involved their groups splitting up.

Xena: They better learn quick if they wanna get out of here.

Owen: Yeah. Well, it looks like they're done. Let's check back with them.

The amazon nodded as they returned with Raul and the others.

Owen: Mr. Raul.

Raul: You guys. You're a healer right? Can you do anything?

Owen: I'll try.

He was simply planning on using a simple healing spell until a threading voice echoed from the halls.

Valletta: FIIIIINN!!! Where are you?! I won't accept you dying until I slaughter your friends right in front of you!

Raul: Quick! We gotta go!

He picked Finn up and they all resumed their retreat.

Meanwhile, with Loki...

Alicia and Airmid had returned after being separated but came with bad news.

Alicia: It's no good. All the doors closed.

Loki: Tch! They're trapped then.

Riveria: Gareth would probably be able to break through them with his strength. The fact he hasn't means they fell into a trap.

Loki: If they did, wouldn't they be able to get out?

Riveria: Maybe if this were a normal maze.

She picked up a small stone from the ground and examined it.

Riveria: As I thought, this is from the body of an obsidian soldier. The while place is blended with the Orichalcum and Adamantite. Magic attacks won't be much good for breaking through either.

Loki: Damn!

Riveria: It's probably even stronger on the inside. Finn's spear won't be much good for breaking out.

Loki: Hm. Riveria, your magic circle has some kinda radar thingy right?

Riveria: I can see where your getting at
It's true my Rea Laevatein can detect humans and monster in its circle, but I can't make any guarantees about its vertical range.