Chapter 4: Wargame (Year 1 Anniversary Special)

Across the city, many were huddled in bars, waiting for the Wargame to start. Like most common folk, many were busy placing bets on who would win. It was obvious who was the favorite, though.

Civilian A: 20,000 on Apollo and Isthar!

Adventurer A: 40,000 for me!

Dealer: Hey hey, that's not how this works. You won't get anything if everyone bets on them.

Many looked at each other and agreed with him. The Chienthrope dealer, as well as everyone else, knew that Apollo and Ishtar were the clear winners. No one in their right mind would vote for the other team.

*Thud*

A huge bag of coins was placed on the table.

Mord: 300,000 on Hestia and Artemis.

Everyone there looked at him and laughed. Some asked if he was joking and he was serious while others graciously accepted his donation of funds. Mord just scoffed and found himself a seat to watch.

Mord: *Whispering* Just watch and see.

Everywhere else where bets weren't taking place, people found themselves a seat to watch the show begin.

Twilight Manor...

Tiona: Ais, it's almost time!

Tione: Lefiya is there too, so we gotta support her and the rabbit.

Ais nodded and prayed for their victory in the face of their odds. Finn was curious as to how Bell would overcome Ishtar and Apollo. He wouldn't say it out loud, but it would be a shame for a promising young man like him to end up with Apollo.

In the Guild, Eina left with Misha to watch outside while Syr was waiting anxiously at the Hostess.

Babel...

Loki: Whew! Finally time for the show to start!

Hephaestus: Hestia, are you and Artemis doing OK?

Hestia: We're fine. Bell and the others won't let us down.

Artemis: Orion will be victorious today!

After that, Apollo and Ishtar arrived and took their seats. Ishtar kept to herself, but Apollo was mocking Hestia once again.

Apollo: I hope you've said your goodbyes. By the end of this, Bell Cranel will be all mine. *Smirking*

Hestia: Hmph! *Turning away*

Apollo: And Artemis, don't count yourself out either. You won't be seeing your "Orion" anymore. He'll be mine when I'm done.

Artemis: *Angry* (We'll see about that.)

Near the front of the room was Hermes and Asfi.

Hermes: You think now is a good time?

Asfi: Yes, I believe so.

Hermes: Good. Ouranos! May we?

Ouranos: Permission granted.

And so, all the gods activated their divine mirrors so everyone in Orario could watch. In an open area, Ganesha and a member of his Familia had a set up and were getting ready.

Ibri: Hello and good morning, Orario! I, Ibri Achaa, will be your commentator for this event along with Master Ganesha. Do you have any words?

He put the mic close to him.

Ganesha: I am Ganesha!

Ibri: And as you all know, we are but moments away from the start of this Wargame!