Chapter 10: From Bad to Worse

After everyone got back together, they exchanged the new developments they encountered.Bell and his group with the Xenos and Hestia and Artemis about what they learned from Ouranos. For the two goddesses, they weren't all that surrpised from what they learned from the old god. For Bell and the others, they were a bit surprised a god was the one pulling the strings. Not just any god either, but THE Ouranos himself. With how secretive he was being, it was no wonder few people even know of the Xenos. As for the children, they knew most of what they were talking about as always and stood by.

Hestia: Sounds like Wiene didn't take the goodbye very well.

Bell: *Sad* No, not really.

Artemis: Are you going to be ok?

The boy gave the best smile he could, but they all knew he felt down about it. The feeling was shared since they all knew how rough a road it would be before Wiene and the other Xenos would be able to live freely on the surface. 

Later that night...

Bell dropped onto his bed with a sigh. He heard his door open and Artemis came inside to see what she could do to help. 

Artemis: Orion.

She sat next to him and placed his head on her lap.

Artemis: You know you can always talk to me. What is bothering you?

Bell: It's with Wiene and the other Xenos. I know I said I'd do what I can to help them, but...

Artemis: You're worried about being a hypocrite or something? 

Bell: Helping monsters goes against what an adventurer is. I don't see them as monsters but I don't think the others in Orario would agree with me. I don't want the others to suffer for my selfishness.

Artemis: Orion, none of us would hold that against you. Don't what other people think worry about you. Just be the hero you want to be. If you ask me, helping the Xenos is the right thing to do. The others here just don't realize that yet. 

Bell: Okay. 

Artemis: *Yawn* I'm getting tired. Let's get to sleep.

The two got into the sheets and slowly descended into slumber.

Meanwhile...

On a hill overlooking the distant Orario, a group of blue robed figures conversed in the shade. 

Keeper Bell: So, what did you discover about this time?

Keeper A: A lot of things, but none you would be happy to hear. 

Keeper Bell: I figured I wouldn't. I've been having a bad feeling ever since I couldn't find any trace of Grandmother or Grandfather. 

Keeper B: Well, after some digging, we found some information about why that is. You see, they aren't here. Are you sure you want to hear this? 

Keeper Bell: We have a job to do. Let's hear it.

Keeper B: *Nervous* Y-Yes, sir. W-We found out their Familias were wiped out.

Keeper C: Wiped out?! By what?!

Keeper Bell: I can take a wild guess. Probably from The Three Great Quests.

Keeper B: Y-Yes. The Black Dragon killed most of them. Any survivors are dead, presumed dead or missing. 

Keeper Bell: Survivors?

Keeper B: Apparently, a few managed to escape alive. However, they wouldn't have a home when they returned. For failing to complete them, the survivors were challenged to a Wargame they couldn't win and were banished from the city.