Chapter 7: Back on the Surface

After the raid on Knossos, the Loki Familia was busy recovering from their losses. That would include their massive use of potions, weapons and the like. As predicted, Finn wasn't pleased with the finance bills he now had to deal with.

Finn: *sighs* (Nothing I wasn't expecting. That raid was a failure.)

They were caught off guard and were forced to retreat. Luckily, no one was killed, but the problem with that ogre demi spirit was something else entirely. Finn grimaced and snapped the pen he was holding as he recalled that monster.

Finn: (We threw everything we had at it and it didn't do anything. To think Evilus had something like that, no, to think they could produce creatures of that caliber. If we didn't have Lanette and her friends, we'd all be doomed.)

He looked at his hands as he threw the broken pen and grabbed a new one.

Finn: (The question now is how we should be getting stronger.)

He wanted to take that step, however, the lower moral of some of the executives along with those in the raiding party made it difficult. Gareth and Bete were feeling sour about the mess and Ais was overly depressed while she sat on her bed. Riveria, Tiona and Lefiya had their own thoughts, but they were worried for the girl. Meanwhile, Ais was lamenting her own weakness. In her mind, she repeated "weak" over and over as she remembered how her strongest attack was brushed aside by that monster.

Ais: (Weak...)

Everything she'd accomplished to that point. All her blood and sweat from her training had meant nothing in the face of that monster. She hated this feeling to the point she was nearly crying.

*Knock Knock*

Riveria: *From the other side of the door* Ais, it's me.

Ais debated whether to even respond but decided to let the high elf inside.

She sat back on her bed with her knees to her chest and covered by her sheets.

Riveria: Ais...

Ais: I'm sorry.

Riveria: Huh?

Ais: I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough.

The elf gained as sad expression seeing the girl like this.

Riveria: Ais, none of this was your fault. No one can be pit to blame but Evilus. We'll just have to be ready next time.

The blonde then looked up tearfully at her.

Ais: How?! Everything I've done! All I've worked for! That monster just batted it away! I... I wasn't anything.

Riveria did her best for her which included rubbing her back while the girl sniffled. The silence wasn't to last because Tiona then came in as well.

Tiona: Ais!

The elf snapped to the door with a loud voice.

Riveria: Why are you being so loud?!

Of all the things Ais needed, loud noise wasn't one of them especially as she is now.

Tiona: Sorry, it's just Argonaut is by the front gates. He said he didn't know when Ais wanted to train, so he came to ask since we got back.

The blonde's eyes widened at that as she had forgotten she asked about that from Bell. Ais felt hesitant until she felt Riveria shake her a little.

Riveria: Go.

Ais: But...

Riveria: Just go. Perhaps it will help you clear your head a bit while we sort everything out. It's not like we're needed right now.