Chapter 1 : A rough landing

(???'s POV)

I'm Randal Silverwood, a 14-year-old student that lives in the Unova region. I was one of the youngest in the grade I was since I was enrolled one year earlier than normal students. I graduated from middle school earlier this year, and I was going to start my first day in high school tomorrow.

As for friends...I don't have any. I was bullied ever since I went to school, I looked quite ugly...a freak of nature would be the description that fit me properly, so I was used to being alone. 

Not much about my family, my mother chose a drunk guy as her husband because she thought he was "Handsome", and she was fine with whatever he did except for gambling. She passed away a when I was in elementary school. Ever since then, my dad has been...kind of abusive...

No matter what I did, my father was never pleased. He told me to do all of the housework, while he always skipped his job and went to nightclubs. He also forced me to work the hardest as I could in terms of school. No matter how hard I tried, as long as I didn't get a 100/100 score, or when I didn't get to the top of the class, he would yell at me and do some other things.

"Randy...I love you...please...follow whatever your father tells you to do..." those were my mother's last words. I've tried my best to stick to what she said and tried my best in school to try and make her proud since I believed that she was watching me from somewhere.

I did quite well in class, except for the geology subject, which I always failed. I ended up going to a slightly better than normal high school because of my final scores. Though I nearly got the top score in every other subject, no matter how hard I tried, my geology would always fail, this time was no exception either.

"Throh! Slam him on the ground again!" my father ordered his pokemon to throw me onto the ground. After his pokemon did that, he then told it to throw me into the wall. Things have been like that for quite a while, and I've already gotten used to it, even though my classmates envied my grades, I hated my own life...but I promised my mother to live on moments before she passed away, I wasn't planning on breaking that promise.

I lay on my side after being stuck blow after blow by my father's Throh until my father was finally satisfied with it and put his Throh back into his Pokeball. "Consider that as a warning for not getting to the best school, now I want the floor clean and my dinner ready when I'm back," dad said to me, then he left with only his wallet with him.

"Throh! Thro-throh!" dad's Throh went out of his Pokeball and walked towards me as he looked at the ground with a guilty look in his eyes. "It's fine Throh...you didn't have a choice, did you?" I asked him as he knelt down and hugged me.

Throh was pretty much my closest friend...or family, dad did whatever he did to force Throh to attack me, while I wasn't allowed to have any pokemon. I knew Throh hated doing it, I could tell from his reactions and the look in his eyes. I went to the refrigerator to get an ice pack to put on the place that hurt the most, while the two of us sat on the small, torn couch we had.

"Throh...I know this is probably a weird question to ask, it's not the first time I've asked you this either...but do you miss mom?" I asked. Throh closed his eyes and stayed silent for a moment, then he nodded.

Throh was originally my mother's pokemon. My mother was a loving person, she did everything she could to help me grow, she also taught me everything I knew...until one day, she told me that her waist, her neck and everywhere was hurting, when I took her to the hospital, it was already too late.

Since then, I've been doing most of the housework. Throh, being the only pokemon that hadn't been sold to other people, helped me sometimes. Even though he couldn't do much with three fingers, I appreciated his help, I couldn't imagine a life without him. If he wasn't around, dad would probably do the dirty work himself anyway.