Chapter 20 : New adventure

(Randy's POV)

"It can't be..." Spark mumbled, his eyes were as wide as chestnuts. "What? What's wrong with some claw marks on the tree trunks and some massive reptile footprints?"

"This way! They lead deep into the forest!" Spark announced and quickly padded in the direction of the footprints. "What? Why? We're not here on some "rescue the dino" mission!" I replied and followed him despite the confusion.

"There's a slight scent of blood coming from the trail, and the footprint sizes aren't the same either, which means one of his legs was possibly injured." Spark analyzed. "You know you're probably going after something that can eat us,"

"I know, and I hope he won't!" Spark muttered impatiently. "Who is this that we're going after anyway?" I questioned and followed him along the path. "I'd say...my teacher." He replied. "Hold up, your teacher?" I questioned. "You don't have to come, but if we're going after Blossom, he's definitely gonna get there before us."

"Yeah, sure." I shrugged and walked along the footprints. "Dude's not gonna run fast with his injured leg, is he?" I added. "That's where you're wrong," Spark's eyes glowed white as he looked around. "hop on me. You're not fast enough."

"What's with your sudden confidence? Also, you sure you're up to carrying another mon on your back?" I questioned. "Yes, now hop on already! Clear up the branches ahead of us while I rush through the forest!" he commanded. "Yeah, yeah, so serious all of a sudden..."

I almost fell off when Spark took off. He wasn't joking about his speed. I struggled to cling to his mane. I got bonked by a branch, then another, until I finally came to my senses and shot some rocks to clear the branches ahead.

"Using moves for the first time after being alive feels strange," I murmured, looking at my paws. Suddenly, Spark stopped. I lost my grip and smacked into a tree. "Hey! What's the big idea?" I yelled, then I saw the problem.

Two mons lay on the ground, one pink and one black. They lay unconscious next to a large tree trunk. Despite it being dark, I could still tell who they were. "You know them?" Spark questioned. "Urias! Esmeralda!"

"They're fine. Despite being smacked into the tree, they don't have any injuries except the bumps on the backs of their heads." Spark inspected. "C'mon! They were just out for a walk! They weren't even researching! Why did he attack them?" I picked up Esmeralda's hat and dusted away the dirt. "He never does things without a reason."

"Either that or you're obsessed with whoever your teacher is," I grumbled. It was obvious that the two weren't waking up soon. "Hmm...no marks on their necks...that's strange." Spark pondered. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Speaking of which, those footprints were too large to be his..."

"Are you fucking telling me that we've been after the wrong mon all this time?" I growled. "No, it's not that...maybe...I don't know..." his cheeks reddened with uncertainty. "But there's no other mon I know who does those scratch marks on tree trunks..."

"Blossom leaves scratches on tree trunks, just not as big," I pointed out. "So, do you plan on leaving it here or continuing our investigation?" Spark questioned. "I'd leave it here if they didn't hurt my friends, but since they did..." I sighed. "That's what I thought. The smell coming from nearby is telling me they met a much worse fate than these two did,"

We padded toward where Spark's nose led us. What greeted us was a growing scent of irony smell. My mind yelled at me to close my eyes and not look at whatever was ahead of us. "Hey there..." a voice croaked faintly. "Tox? It's been a while...what the hell happened to your arm?"

"My leg too..." he added as he slumped against a cracked rock...I thought it was a rock, and it turned out to be a sleeping Gigalith with several limbs badly injured. "We ran into somemon we never expected to see again. Guess our masters sent us here to protect us, huh?"