Chapter 2 : Proper housing

(Blossom's POV)

I opened my eyelids when some bright sunlight shined on my face, the rest I had last night felt really refreshing, even though being in a chilly desert, I still had a great sleep. "Guess you're up, how was your sleep?" somemon asked.

"It was great, Icy. I feel really refreshed" I replied and wiped away the small trickle of drool on the edge of my mouth. "Hmm...I wonder why..." Icy said with a smirk, then I realized that I was lying on something soft. I then looked to my right and saw what I lied on, as soon as seeing it, I could feel myself blushing a little bit.

A Rockruff was snoring while he leaned on a big rock next to us, while I somehow fell asleep on him last night. "Well...I'm not sure how I fell asleep like that, but ok" I said to Icy. "Didn't know that you could make a boyfriend on the very first day we came here" Icy said and giggled. "Hey, he's not my boyfriend, and you don't have any right to say that, what about you and big bro?" I defended myself, then I could see her face slowly getting pinker when I mentioned her huge crush.

"B-blossom...y-your brother and I are just friends...th-there's nothing special between us!" Icy stuttered while I laughed at her. "Yeah, right, like you'd try to sleep next to another friend besides big bro, and wear the necklace he gave you 24-7" I teased, Icy's face was now completely pink. "L-let's change the subject...we'd better get things ready" she blurted out.

"Let's wake him up," I said to Icy and padded towards Randy. "Blossom, don't you think he's a bit weird? Like...how did he know such things? And how he behaves, it's just weird, don't you think?" Icy asked while I stared at the sleeping Rockruff. "Yeah a bit...but who cares? I just made a friend" I exclaimed, and went to shake Randy awake.

"Ugh...is it six? Why don't I hear my alarm clock? I'm not late for school right?" Randy muttered when he slowly opened his eyes. "See? He's a weirdo" Icy whispered in my ear. "Yeah...but don't mind" I replied with a smile. "Oh hey, morning...uh...wait...Blossom and Icy right?" he asked, then both of us laughed.

"He's kind of a little cute" I heard Icy mutter when Randy got on his paws and looked at himself. "Not cuter than your darling~" I chanted, then Icy blushed again. "Blossom, it's not funny!" she yelled while I laughed even louder. "I'm not cute!" Randy yelled, making Icy laugh too.

"Hmm...morning! I'm here to check on mmm...how you were surviving, hmmm...?" a familiar voice spoke from the small stream under the bridge, then Boros popped out of it. "Hmm...did you mmm...sleep well last night?" Boros asked. "Yeah" I replied, while Icy and my new friend shook their heads. 

"Why? I thought it was fine" I asked my friends. "It wasn't fine for us, you were the only one that had a soft and cute Rockruff to sleep on" Icy replied, then I could feel myself blushing a tiny bit while I looked away. "I'm not cute! And I'm not soft either!"(I'm not up to any lewd jokes yet) Randy yelled, then both of us laughed.

"Boros, do you know anymon that can build a house for us?" Icy asked. "Mmm...yeah, it's hmmm...I forgot...hmmm....three fighting types in post town, hmmm..." he replied. "Where's post town?" Randy asked. "Hmm....it's a small walk away from here mmm...you wanna come?" Boros asked. "I'm no-" Randy was going to say something, but Icy and I cut him off with a loud "Yeah!"

"This way hmmm...then here mmm.... here hmm...it's anno-I mean hmm...refreshingly empty around here mmm...? This way hmm...mmm...hmm...hmm...hmmm..." Boros hummed while leading us on a path, it wasn't long, but the speed Boros walked at seemed to make it take forever, soon we arrived at a long path with flattened dirt as pavement, while the other places were covered by short green grass.

"Hmm...a lot of pokemon mmm...come to this highway, so hmm...this place was built as a resting shop for all those pokemon, go check it out...hmm...this is Post Town," Boros said after leading us to a peaceful town connected to a lot of paths. "Mm...hmmm...this place is known for having the best water hmm...that's why I came here from the swamp to drink water mmm...there are lots of shops and things too, hmmm...there's a Kecleon supermarket and mmm...an inn and hmmm.... a restaurant mmm....feel free to mmm...go to any shop, hmmm...?" he explained when he showed us around.