Chapter 14 : Sympathy and Sincerity

(Blossom's POV)

My eyes shot open when the sunlight shined through the window. Today was the big day! I looked at my sleeping plushie, tugged in the blanket in my hug, and comfortably drooled onto my pajamas. "Hey, Rands! Wake up! It's morning!" I shouted in his ear. He immediately shot out of bed, fur standing up and looking around. "Wh-what's the emergency, Blossom?"

"Te-hee! You're so cute when you're acting like this, Rands!" I giggled and gave him a comforting hug. "Rands? Since when did you call me Rands?" he asked. "Since I decided to do so today!" I exclaimed and nuzzled his cheek. "I-I don't remember allowing you to do so!" he blushed and squirmed out of the hug. "Anyway, we're going to the Great Glacier today, don't you remember?" "Oh yeah!"

"Hey, guys! You awake yet?!" a loud and familiar voice shouted from outside. "Kuro? What are you doing here in the early morning?" Randy questioned loudly. "Great! You're awake! I'm here to urge you, of course! I can't wait to go to the glacier!" he replied, kicking the door open. "Hey! Some privacy, dude!" Randy yelled, but Kuro was already rushing away...in his pajamas. "See you at the town square 20 minutes later!"

"20 minutes? Are you insane?! We just got up!" Randy shouted, but he was already gone. "Well, let's hurry up, Randy!" I said with a smile. "What? Blossom, don't tell me you agree with him! We haven't even prepared our backpacks and supplies yet!" Randy protested. "Well, all of us want to go! Kuro's only a little more eager than us! Let's get changed, Randy!" I exclaimed and shoved him into the bathroom. "You get changed in there, and I'll get changed in the living room!"

"What? How does that-"

"You're the one who minds being seen, so I'm changing here! I'm taking off my-"

"Wait! Wait till I get in!"

"Alright! I'm taking them off now!"

"Honestly, what's wrong with you today, Blossom?"

"Nothing's wrong with me! I'm excited, that's all! Aaand I forgot my suit in the bathroom, can-"

"NO!"

"Please, Randy! Or I'm opening the door!"

"NONONONONO! I'm doing it! Close your eyes!"

"Thankfully, Ivy is bringing the tents for us. This weighs like my school backpack back in the human world!" Randy complained as we padded over the bridge. "Thanks for taking all of the water for us, Randy!" I said with a grin while he groaned in reply. "How tall is the Great Glacier anyway?" he questioned. "I dunno! Just tall!" "You aren't helping..."

"Hey, you two! Hurry up!" Kuro's eager voice called from the other side, with Duff bouncing beside him. "Sheesh, what's the rush, Kuro? Can't you see this is heavy?" Randy grumbled as we approached them. "I...hope you have a good trip..." he mumbled with a smile despite his sad expression. "Well, Duff, I can swap places with you if you want!"

"WHAAAAAAAAAT?!"

"Blossom, what's wrong with you? One moment ago, you were so hyped, and now you're talking about swapping?" Randy asked. "Well, can't you see that Duff's sad? He wants to go on an adventure, too! I'm the chief, so I get to decide, don't I?" I said with a grin. "But what about your backpack then? You've got all of the food!"

"Thanks, Blossom...we...got this over with yesterday. I appreciate your kindness, chief, but you gotta have fun, too!" Duff said with the happiest expression, then gazed at the ground, unable to hold back a sniffle. "Duff..." I mumbled with a sigh. "I hope you have a good stay, too, and have fun with whoever's also here,"

I hugged Duff...or at least I tried to with the fact of how massive he was, then noticed something silver on the part that connected his body with his drill. "What's that, Duff?" I asked and took a closer look to realize an electric symbol engraved on it. "Oh, that's a sign of our unbreakable bond of friendship!"