Chapter 6 : Catnip

(Icy's POV)

I slowly open my eyes when the sunlight shined on my face. "Why...am I lying down like this...?" I wondered as I slowly sat up and saw my ruffled pajamas. I then remembered I heard some noises outside while I was taking a shower, so I finished early and slipped out of the window to peep at those two with Kuro and Duff...who abandoned me and flew away.

"That was quite fun though..." I thought to myself as I got off my bed. "Ohh~" I chanted when I saw my two friends sleeping on the bed. Blossom was hugging a shirtless Rockrouff in her sleep...while both of them were snoring happily. "Blossom, you've taken so many pictures of me...now I'm getting my revenge..." I muttered with an evil grin and padded toward Blossom's backpack..."Snap"

"So where can I mail this...?" I wondered as I quickly got changed and rushed out. "I'm mailing this to Spark...wait no I can't! Mom and dad are the ones handling the mail over there! They'll think this is some kind of love letter or whatever...which I'd never send!" I growled under my breath, then the idea hit me. "Wait...I can send this photo to mom and dad, then write a small note with it and tell them to send it to Spark! I can't wait to find out how he reacts!"

"Hey, Boros!" I called out as I padded towards his tent. "Hmm...hello Icy, it's quite rare to mmm...see you this excited in the morning, hmmm...? Is there mmm...anything you need to ask me, hmmm...?" he asked. "Boros, may I ask you where I can mail this?" I asked then showed him the photo.

"Hmm...I'm the one handling the mmm...mail here, so just hmmm...you only have to mmm...write the text on the back of it and tell me who you want to send it to, hmmm...?" he replied. "That's great, Boros! I don't think I have to write much, just send it to Frost the Glaceon and Ignite the Ninetales at Freezing Electric Express, thanks!" I said with a smile as I pawed him the photo. "Hmm...consider it mmm...handled, hmmm...?"

"Boros, another thing...may I ask you how you got your badge...?" I asked, then he turned around to look at me. "Hmm...my badge...mmm...it's quite the story, hmmm...?" he said to me. "Boros, you're...Guildmaster rank, getting to that rank is nearly impossible...and why aren't you a Guildmaster if you're at that rank?"

"Hmm...I'd rather mmm...live a more peaceful life, hmmm...? You don't seem to realize that I'm mmm...59 years old, just like Yup, hmmm...?" he replied. "WHAT!? You're 59 years old?!" I exclaimed in shock, I couldn't believe in my ears. "You look like...about 30-40...you sure don't seem like an old mon..." I muttered. "Hoho, I'm glad that I don't look old," he said with a small blush.

"And...what do you mean by...just like yup? I don't get it, is yup a name?" I asked. "Hmm...that's right! Yup is the name of that mmm...Wigglytuff at Treasure Town, hmmm...? He's mmm...the same age as me, hmmm...?" he replied, then my muzzle fell open. "That pink ball of fluff is 59 years old?!" I exclaimed. "Hmm...doesn't seem like it, does it? He's mmm...friends with everymon and quite well known around the world, hmmm...?"

"So Boros...how did you get that badge anyway?" I asked. "Hmmmmmmmmn..." he muttered. "Boros has a past he'd rather not tell anymon" a voice spoke from behind me. "Ivy?" I asked. "Hmm...does this mmm...look familiar to you? This badge, hmmm...?" Boros asked, then walked back into the tent and came back with a rusty badge, with a silver mark in the middle which was also rusted.

"No...? But badges aren't supposed to rust, are they?" I asked. "Hmm...you're right Icy, but old badges are mmm...made out of regular iron, hmmm...? Along with the fact that I'm mmm...partially a water type, no matter how I try to polish it, it always stays like this, hmmm...?" he replied, then walked back in with the badge. "So...the legend is true..." I heard Ivy mutter.

"Psst...Icy...don't ask him anything about his past" Ivy whispered in my ear. "Alright, it's fine if he doesn't want to tell me about it," I said with a smile. "Icy...I don't know about the details since I wasn't part of the event when it occurred. A very long time ago...Boros had a best friend who always traveled with him. One day, he came back from a mountain...alone. I was told that mons there asked him about what happened, he wasn't willing to say anything...the only thing he said was that his friend...Mark the Mudkip had disappeared...