Gone

Guess what?

This chapter is in Tobias POV! ^.^ Half of you guys are probably pissed at him rn but whatever *shrugs* I'm sorry to tell you guys that this chapter is shorter then usual. Don't worry, the next one will be longer guys. :)

Anyway, how are you all doing? I hope you are all doing great and enjoy this chapter! :D

~

Tobias' Point of View

I shouldn't have done that.

I shouldn't have done that to Tris, to the girl who I love. She will never forgive me, I'm such a fucking asshole.

I'll try to fix things though. I'll make sure Marcus will not make me cower and turn away from the people I love. He's already made me like that for years. I dial his number and put my phone to my ear: patiently wait for him to answer. Each ringing tone causes my heart to beat faster.

"Tobias." He says finally in a harsh gruff voice.

"Marcus, meet me at my house at 7." I state, keeping my voice neutral.

"And why is that?" He asks, I swallow hard.

"I need to talk to you." I reply; starting my bike. The engine roars, reflecting my mixed emotion. "Arrive at 7."

He hangs up, I check the time, 5:30. I call 991, telling them about Marcus. I kept wiping the palms of my hands against my jeans.

I drive through the streets, feelings clouding my thoughts. I zoom through the streets of L.A, I never drove so fast.

I arrive at my house; soaked in nerves, it's about 6:40. And he's already here, with the cops, leaning against my front door; his face dark in the night. Handcuffs covered his wrists. But, his hands were clenched, if he didn't have those handcuffs; he would've attacked me.

"Tobias." His eyes shine anger, but his voice is calm, strangely. "Glad to see that you finally became dauntless." I stay silent as the cops drag him away, his eyes locked on me with a glare that could burn through my skull.

"You did a good thing kid," A man told me.

But, I don't respond. I'm too busy watching Marcus. I watch him go, flashes of my childhood creep in my mind but I push them away. He's finally leaving my life for once and for all. The monster is finally gone.