Tell Me Everything

SUPER SHORT CHAPTER!

Sorry guys!

I wanted to do that for the suspense! :D

However, I'll try to upload the next chapter asap! And hopefully it will be much longer and better! :3

~

Tris' Point of View

Tobias was acting strange, distant and he wasn't paying attention.

We arrived at a small coffee shop by school, on a Saturday morning, and oddly Tobias was acting weird.

"Toby, are you okay?" I asked him, taking a sip of my coffee.

"Yeah," he started, blue eyes focusing on his coffee, "I'm just tired."

I remained silent, the sounds of coffee blending and chatter managed to fill in the silence, but, it left a gap of awkwardness between us. Things were never awkward before, he was hiding something beneath that charming smile of his.

"Tobias, I need you to tell me what happened with us...because clearly, things aren't good right now." I murmured, taking  another sip of the sizzling coffee, stinging my tongue, but I bit back my wince. 

Tobias glanced up, mouth set in a hard line, as if he was biting back the truth.

"Tobias, please, I need to know..."

I had to find out, for it was driving me crazy by how everyone was acting around me; like I was holding a knife, a person who needed to be examined underneath a microscope.

"I can't tell you, I wish I can." He mumbled, pinching the bridge of his nose. 

"Why not? Who's stopping you to tell me?" I retorted, narrowing my eyes at him. 

He pulled back, staring into the creamy colored coffee, steam flowing from it.

"Tris, I just can't-"

"No one can, huh?" I exclaimed, feeling the curious eyes draw on me, I lower my voice, hissing at my so-called "best friend", "Tell me, please." 

"We were together, okay!" Tobias whispered harshly, eyes back on mine, glossy. I swallowed hard, trying to engulf the lump in my throat.

"What?"

"I loved you, and you loved me, alright? That's what happened!" He said, a line appeared in between his brows, "You don't remember anything!"

I stayed quiet, the sounds from around me submerging me down, swallowing me whole. 

I didn't remember anything.

But, I feel  the memories resting on the tip of my searing tongue, still burning from the coffee.

Tobias and I were together?

How?

How did we go to best friends to dating each other?

The frustration that my memories are gone almost brings me to tears, but, I couldn't cry, not in public, that would've drawn attention; and would make me look prissy and needy.

So, I glanced back in his startling orbs, forcing myself to return to reality.

"Tell me everything." I told him.